Freikorps Reenactors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps Reenactors

I found these photos online and thought it might be interesting to post them.

These photos show Freikorps Werdenfels and a couple of Bavarian communist reenactors during an event at Museum für Militär- und Zeitgeschichte Stammheim. The uniforms and insignia are excellent reproductions.

The sign around the neck of the commie says, "looking for work. will do anything".

I was aware of the large number of Imperial German reenactors in Germany and elsewhere, but was somewhat surprised by this. But, it makes sense that there would be Freikorps reenactors, as well.
    Attached Files

Thanks Brian, interesting to see.
    I'd actually like to know more about the armored car setup, looks like the wheels are regular big truck with spokes welded on. Is this in Europe/Germany?

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
      Thanks Brian, interesting to see.
      I'd actually like to know more about the armored car setup, looks like the wheels are regular big truck with spokes welded on. Is this in Europe/Germany?
      It's in Stammheim, Bavaria. The wheels are pretty accurate to one type used on armored cars.

Comment

A good contrast with the re-enactors is a contemporary photo postcard of Freikorps Werdenfels fighting in Munich on May 1, 1919.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice postcard, thanks for sharing it!

Staged photos can be amusing.. Weve got a couple fellas in the background casually shooting at the air and the guy standing mid frame with his rifle down is John Wayne's dad.... the salty 4 year vet has seen it all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X