• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Silesian eagles

Opinion please
    thank you
    Attached Files

Better photos of the eyes of the enameled 1st. class eagle would be helpful. The swords and wreath are essentially an atypical, make-do put-together of the acceptable version of swords and wreath. But, I think it's ok. I wouldn't have it my collection, though.

The black lacquered eagle is actually a genuine 2nd class. The eyelet on the back is missing the suspension ring. Someone added a pin in an attempt to make it a 1st class.

Comment

IM both eagles are basically original pieces but as Bolewts58 states both have been messed with at one point...

- The enamelled one is a nice and fairly common variant (as per attached pict) who possibly lost its original swords/wreath device but were most likely deliberatly removed to make the badge conform to TR regulations (no devices) and were re-added later using make-shift components

- The metal one is also a nice second class that orinally had a low medal ring (like Meybauer SE IIs) who lost its ribbon ring or was "converted" to a first class without a catch...What I find interesting is the design seems related to 2 earlier 1st class SEs in my collection. IMO your eagle has same detail/feathering as mine (tombac at top, iron below) but it is lacking the small alignment divot/indentation between the legs to position the swords/orkleaf wreath device which were banned during the TR period

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X