X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bar is fantastic....

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
      I think the faker made a really good job. Everybody thinks it is original. I already told it, I talked with a seller of those items in past. When I had it in my hands, I said to him: It is no original, isn't it? He smiled and he confirmed that it is no original. He told me made with different materials from different times, DDR parts for example. There were one or two in auctions later. They were sold for only a few Euro. I think that was the reason why he stopped the production.
      Sorry to continue to harp on this. But, I've discussed this with a couple of Freikorps collectors and we all agree. Although, nobody is disputing your story, per se or your acknowledged expertise in skull insignia, the burden is on you to prove beyond your anecdotal story, that this skull Spange is fake. Unless you have photos of the box of fakes in different materials and styles and corroborating support from well-known Freikorps experts, it remains your word against everyone else's. While your word carries a lot of weight and is well-respected on this forum, it's not enough in this case.

In any hypothesis, empirical evidence is required to support, beyond a reasonable doubt the truth of the hypothesis, especially when the hypothesis goes against a commonly held, established belief.

As such, I will continue to accept the real possibility that the Spange shown in Konstantin's book is authentic, until real proof to the contrary is presented.

Comment

and by the way, just to be clear, Stefan, I'm not denigrating your story. I'd just like more proof.
        I've been accused of being a Bully on WAF by a member of GMIC. So, I want to make sure that I'm not coming across as such here.

Comment

Everybody can believe what he wants. If nobody trust in my story, I have no problem with it. It was no story, that I heard from another collector. I had the spange in in my hands and I have seen the others. It is enough to me, that I know the truth. If people don't want to hear the truth, no problem.
          Last edited by Sergeant 08; 06-04-2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Best to leave it at that and let everyone make up their own mind, until tangible proof presents itself one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
              Best to leave it at that and let everyone make up their own mind, until tangible proof presents itself one way or the other.
              Still a detail, that I remembered yesterday! There was a spange in the box without black material back. There you was able to see, that it was used material from times after 1945. Remove the black material on the back of the spange and you have the needed proof! No risk, because it is only a fake.

Comment

Stefan. It would appear that you are right.

Same seller that I got my skull spange from has another on eBay. I'm sure more of these will appear. Not sure if it's the same guy you spoke to as they're small, not large skulls.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have just seen the auction.

Comment

I Hope they Are ok ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

these actually belong in the Freikorps unit badges thread. But, anyway, both are good. Are you thinking of buying them or do you own them? They're both in pretty rough shape, if you're thinking of buying.

Comment

I want to buy One !

Comment

at 200 Euros, they're too expensive given the condition.

Comment

Yes 200 [emoji17] but i Search One

Comment

200 euro each? yikes..
                              Maybe for 200 for the pair... but, this stuff isnt super rare. No point in settling for second best.

I got mine for about $220.00, with velvet backing and a couple other items, and in far better condition.

Comment

I Hope i Found a good One in mint condition

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X