Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And one more! Around 50 (!) Baltic Cross makers-known and unknown + all period decoration of Freikorps units in Baltics , including Rossbach. As a bonus--Malteserkreuz of Awaloff West Army and badges of Latvian units in Baltische Landeswehr!
    If anyone need more info--send me a PM.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just FYI--Author is not entirely Freikorps-addicted, he has a good catalogue-book about Imperial EK-1, and preparing also the one about Gallipoli star
      Some info regarding EK 1 book: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/52...hment-systems/

Comment

Serg, looks good, please let me know when either are available, many thanks, Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Destruction View Post
          Hi Paul,
          ...We discussed the possibility to release it in German and English language, but have no results yet unfortunately We'll go on working on this. ...
          Serg

Both books look like great references with detailed illustrations! English editions of both would be most welcome: I'm sure there would be quite a demand for them too

Regards

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
            Serg

Both books look like great references with detailed illustrations! English editions of both would be most welcome: I'm sure there would be quite a demand for them too

Regards

JC
            Both books are massive. So, I would be surprised if Konstantin would be up to the huge task (and cost) of producing them in German, let alone English. The books are completely worth having, even if you don't speak Russian.

My Russian is very rusty. So, I usually just scan relevant pages if I want to know something. Then convert the scan into readable text and then use an online translator like Babylon. It's not ideal, the translation is not always accurate and it takes a bit of time. But, it works well enough.

Comment

Given we do not have the ISBN numbers or where they are retailed I am not sure what the point of telling us about it.....

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment View Post
                Given we do not have the ISBN numbers or where they are retailed I am not sure what the point of telling us about it.....
                They aren't retailed. They are sold by the author only. I don't know if he has any available at the moment. Destruction (Serge) can give you the answer on that.

Comment

Thanks Brian, been trying to get an answer on this for a while, if you have any contacts please PM me, very frustrating

Comment

Von Salomon

I saw the book by Von Salomon in the first post. I recently read his novel Outlaws, which is actually an autobiography of his time fighting with the Freikops in Latvia. Excellent book. Author also writes about his role in the assassination of the Weimer leader Walther Rathenau, for which he went to prison. Some epic battle descriptions.
                    Really coveys the mood of the troops at that time. Check it out.

Comment

Freikorps Auszeichnungen...Freiwilligentruppen von 1918 bis 1921 und Nachfolgeorganisationen by Ingo Haarcke.

A somewhat flawed, but still detailed and impressive reference that fills many gaps in the knowledge of this period.

Freikorps Auszeichnungen_Haarcke.jpg Freikorps Auszeichnungen1_Haarcke.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X