Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps Mowe

Hallo,
    please, take a look at this Freikorps Mowe group.
    What do you think about the insignia? It is quite different from that in Von Salomon's Das Buch der Deutschen Freikorpskampfer and also from that in V.Ager's Freikorps Insignia. The letter that comes with the badge says:
    Badge of Freikorps "Dohna" designed by Count zu Dohna himself. Lieutenant Commander Count zu Dohna was captain of the ship "Möwe" during the world war. He conducted trade- and cruiser-warfare against England in the Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean.
    Christmas 1919 - Joachim

Opinions?
    Attached Files

doc 2 and letter
    Attached Files

Comment

doc 3
      Attached Files

Comment

If the pattern doesn't correspond to the one shown in Salomon's, that's pretty bad news I'm afraid.
        Regards
        Gilles

Comment

Anyone has an original one to post to compare with (also period photo is good)?

Thanks,
          mario

Comment

Try Verkuilen Ager

The docs look real. I can't comment on the badge as they are so rare and oft faked I have never seen a real one. Try Verkuilen Ager-he would probably know. He wrote the book on Freikorps awards.

Comment

Initially the documents gave me pause because all three were filled out by the same hand. However, a closer look leads me to believe they are legit. The insignia are grossly enlarged (these were collar fixtures) and this tends to bring out detail and make things look a bit different than smaller representations. I don't have one of these in my collection to compare to, but all in all I like the detail, fasteners, and aging and suspect these are ok.

Comment

Thank you very much to all for the replies.
                If someone is interested, I'm going to put this group in the Imperial e-stand.

Thanks,
                Mario

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X