X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID Freikorps? Pin

Can anyone ID what this pin is for?
    GermanPin1.jpg GermanPin2.jpg

Maybe I am wrong, but it does not look Freikorps.
    It looks as an insignia for a youth-organization, known as Deutsche Freischar?

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
      Maybe I am wrong, but it does not look Freikorps.
      It looks as an insignia for a youth-organization, known as Deutsche Freischar?
      I agree it's not Freikorps. I'm not sure it's Deutsche Freischar, either. I thought their insignia was a rune in the stylized form of a wheat sheaf.

Despite being German manufacture, it may not be German. The blue, white and black makes me think of Latvia or possibly Finland. It could be a regimental badge from either of those countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian L. View Post

I agree it's not Freikorps. I'm not sure it's Deutsche Freischar, either. I thought their insignia was a rune in the stylized form of a wheat sheaf.

Despite being German manufacture, it may not be German. The blue, white and black makes me think of Latvia or possibly Finland. It could be a regimental badge from either of those countries.
        Here some images about the needle.
        First from "Ratgeber für Fahrt und Lager" from April 10, 1933. This is a price-list for clothings and insignia for youth organizations

freischar 001.jpg
        Second from "Deutscher Jungenkalender" 1931/1932 with short notes to youth-organizations in Germany.

freischar 002.jpg

The small Balkenkreuz became the new insignia, the wider one was an alternative

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post

Here some images about the needle.
          First from "Ratgeber für Fahrt und Lager" from April 10, 1933. This is a price-list for clothings and insignia for youth organizations

freischar 001.jpg
          Second from "Deutscher Jungenkalender" 1931/1932 with short notes to youth-organizations in Germany.

freischar 002.jpg

The small Balkenkreuz became the new insignia, the wider one was an alternative
          Thanks for the excellent documentation Wilhelm.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X