FreiKorps Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreiKorps Collection

I got these a number of years ago and was hoping to get not only some opinions but also some idea of current retail and insurance values (if any ). Let me know if you need close ups or special shots. thank you in advance.

Tony (NJ)
    Attached Files

reverse

here is the reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

Wellllll, was this grouping all from one man?

I really like the Balkan Cross. That is the next one on my list of Freikorps...

Comment

No, I just collected these a few years ago from different sources during a short span. I was wondering what the current prices on these were for curiosity sake and also as I will be setting up my insurance to cover my collection.

Is is Balkan Cross and not Baltic? I may bave recalled incorrectly. I picked that one, the pin Upper Silesian, and some other ones with Detlev.

Wouldn't have it been difficult for one person to actually participate in so many Freikorp to actually merit so many badges? I would assume 2, 3 the most. But I really don't know muchabout individual Freikorp history.

Tony

Originally posted by Rolf D.
        Wellllll, was this grouping all from one man?

I really like the Balkan Cross. That is the next one on my list of Freikorps...

Comment

Originally posted by entasis
          No, I just collected these a few years ago from different sources during a short span. I was wondering what the current prices on these were for curiosity sake and also as I will be setting up my insurance to cover my collection.

Is is Balkan Cross and not Baltic? I may bave recalled incorrectly. I picked that one, the pin Upper Silesian, and some other ones with Detlev.

Tony
          The baltic states are Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. Balkan area is down south on the same longitude for the most part. If you want to part with it, I would be interested. I also have no idea on value, but the last one that sold that I saw (5 months ago) went for $95.00 US. It had a wider pin though. I also like the shield with the pin on the backside! That is a nice little collection!

Comment

I'll be keeping it for the time being but I've noted your user name in case I do decide to sell it in the future. I just found the cross's printscreen from when I bought ($69). This was about 3-4 years ago. Note that Detlev calls it "Baltic"..?...
            Attached Files

Comment

Tony, it is Baltic cross (Baltenkreuz), I think Rolf just made a mistake (although Detlev is wrong in saying this is a "1st class", this award had no classes). The thin pin example you have is considered a later production, post-1933 or so; actually many consider it a 1957 version but I dont think there is a definite agreement on that. The price sounds about right, I paid $60 for a thin pin version a while ago and about $100-110 for an earlier version, but I would imagine they go for more now, they are not that common.
              Last edited by Vadim K; 08-14-2005, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim K
                Tony, it is Baltic cross (Baltenkreuz), I think Rolf just made a mistake (although Detlev is wrong in saying this is a "1st class", this award had no classes). The thin pin example you have is considered a later production, post-1933 or so; actually many consider it a 1957 version but I dont think there is a definite agreement on that. The price sounds about right, I paid $60 for a thin pin version a while ago and about $100-110 for an earlier version, but I would imagine they go for more now, they are not that common.
                I've seen a 57er version and it has a rather stout pin. It was sold on eStand a while ago too.

I don't know which area was fought over to get this medal, so I guess I am confused.

I like them, but don't have any...isn't that the story for a lot of things for me now... now accepting excess medals for donation

Comment

how about he Upper Silesian medals (the 2 shields I have)...any thoughts or knowledge of those? Supposedly the design inspiration for the AntiPartisan Badge.

Comment

Here's an early baltic cross I picked up one year ago on ebay. Thick pin. There were round and about 20.000 germans fighting to the communists in the baltic, so there must be some around. But clearly a nice one is hard to find these days. I'm looking for some time now for the type with the ribbon. As said, there is no 1st and 2cd class, but only one class but two different types.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And a view from the other side.
                      Attached Files

Comment

How about a close-up of the little lapel badge upper right with the Habicht on it?

Comment

Essen

I guess this is a Habicht?

Comment

rev

reverso

Comment

nice hometown guard badge!
                              i don't have that much freikorps knowledge, so i would like to know if this small badge was some kind of mini with a bigger brother or the only award?
                              christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X