iron division medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iron division medal

can anyone tell me how scarce the iron division medal is ,i have been looking for a couple of years now and have never seen one for sale anywhere. also what was the criteria for the award.i collect ww2 mainly but just like the look of this medal and would love to own one.also what would be a ball park figure to buy one please.or does anyone know of the whereabouts of one for sale
    regards gaz

Gaz.

If you keep a close check on eBay.de, they come up very occasionally. But be careful - a fake on eBay sold for about twice the price of an original recently. All originals have the word 'Alpacca' stamped on the ring. They were all in silvered brass.

The real thing is worth about £150 or so - not expensive when you consider how difficult they are to come by.

The ribbon's even harder to get - I've been looking for a piece of ribbon for about 10 years!

As I understand it, all members of the Iron Division got the medal as a commemorative.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
      Gaz.

As I understand it, all members of the Iron Division got the medal as a commemorative.
      hello
      yes of course all menbers of the iron division have got a medal but the iron division wasn't so great and a lot of them were lost! in germany every day it is harder to find medals!thats the reason to rise the price up in the futher!
      greetings
      rene

Comment

Here's mine......but I need the correct ribbon.

Comment

This one is a fake.

Comment

Here it is on the front of a book about the Iron Division I picked up on eBay.de

Comment

Part of a nice group......

Comment

And a miniature version.

Comment

Interesting medal Robin.
                  What are the other medals in the grouping exactly?

Comment

thanks for the info guys, do you know how many awards were presented it just seems that i have been watching all the well known dealers for this award and have yet to see one for sale so i gather there cant have been that many .

many thanks gaz

Comment

Part of a nice group......

Hi Robin,
                      is it your group now? I loved buying it, but had not the money ...
                      It is one of the best items ever having been offered on Ebay Germany, IMO ...
                      Sascha

PS: has it yet a name?
                      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Looks great, can we see the full group Robin ?

Comment

The ribbon's even harder to get - I've been looking for a piece of ribbon for about 10 years!
                          Might not hurt to spend some time scouring eBay (eBay.de, I think). A few days ago, I saw some of it up for sale. I don't remember what I found it under, or even if the auction is still running, but it might be worth a go.

--Chris

Comment

Originally posted by rexmundi
                            Looks great, can we see the full group Robin ?

look here
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=baltikum

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw
                              Hi Robin,
                              is it your group now? I loved buying it, but had not the money ...
                              It is one of the best items ever having been offered on Ebay Germany, IMO ...
                              Sascha

PS: has it yet a name?
                              Unfortunately, no. The group isn't mine. I picked up the photos from eBay when the group was up far sale there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X