Multinational Missions of the Bundeswehr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multinational Missions of the Bundeswehr

I remember a while back there being a thread featuring photographs of the Bundeswehr in Action in theaters across the world in support of NATO, UN and EU operations and I quickly wanted to share several pictures making their circulation around the U.S. Army web. Since being in Germany myself, I had the opportunity to work with soldiers from the German Army's Kampfhubschrauberregiment 36 out of Fritzlar operating the Tiger gunship as well as the Gebirgspanzerbataillon 8 out of Pfriemd operating the Leopard 2A6 main battle tank. More pictures will follow but first here are some shots from Camp Prizren, Kosovo during Operation Sharp Griffin. Enjoy.

Sincerely,
    DeWayne

Joint Gunnery Training at Grafenwöhr, Germany between the U.S. Army 1st Battalion, 3rd Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade and Germany's 4th Battalion, Kampfhubschrauberregiment 36 'Kurhessen'

Last edited by RedCatcher1986; 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

More joint Gunnery pictures from Grafenwöhr:

Comment

Ceremony recognizing the integration of the Royal Netherlands Army's 43rd Mechanized Brigade and Germany's 1st Panzer Division at Hohne

Comment

Lieutenant General Ben Hodges, Commanding Officer of US Army Europe is presented the Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr by Lieutenant General Joerg Vollmer, Chief of Staff of the German Army at a ceremony in Wiesbaden, Germany on 14 January 2016

Comment

Lieutenant General Joerg Vollmer, Chief of Staff of the German Army is presented the U.S. Legion of Merit Commander Grade by U.S. General Mark Milley during a ceremony at Fort Myer, Washington D.C. on 5 May 2016. Similar to the German Ceremonial Großer Zapfenstreich performed by the Bundeswehr's elite Wachbataillon; the U.S. 3rd Infantry Regiment 'The Old Guard' and it's Fife & Drum Corps were on hand for the ceremony and stood for review by Generals Milley and Vollmer.

Comment

More from Camp Prizren, Kosovo:

Comment

DeWayne,

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to share them.

I spent six years in USAREUR myself, great duty!

Take care,
                TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
                  DeWayne,

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to share them.

I spent six years in USAREUR myself, great duty!

Take care,
                  TJ
                  Not a problem TJ,

I will try to post more photos are time goes on. It is rotation season and as such multinational training is picking up.

Best regards,

DeWayne

Comment

Platoon C of Germany's Company 3, Gebirgspanzerbataillon 8, Panzerbrigade 12 won the Strong Europe Tank Challenge successor to the Canadian Army Trophy competition at Grafenwöhr, Germany on 13 May 2016

Comment

Kosovo

Soldiers of the Bundeswehr are introduced in handling the swiss SIG90 assault rifle, (Shooting Range Orahovac, Kosovo)
                      Attached Files

Comment

2.): ...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Awarding the Kosovo Campaign Medal:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great photos thanks for posting Reibert

Comment

Exercise Strong Punch, a joint electronic warfare countermeasures training workshop involving the U.S. Army's 1st Battalion, 3rd Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade, Kampfhubschrauberregiment 36 'Kurhessen' and the opposing forces team utilizing soldiers from Kompanie 4, JägerBattalion 291, Deutsch-Französische Brigade out of Illkirch-Graffenstaden, Germany at Heeresflugplatz Fritzlar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X