German patch......Marinefliegergeschwader 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German patch......Marinefliegergeschwader 3

I am assuming this is some kind of current German patch. I know from the German I can still remember (even though I haven't used it much since 1976) that this is I think the 3rd Naval Aviation Squadron for a Maintenance Staff.......but I know little else, and not really even that for sure.

I suppose it is a common patch of little value, but I picked it up at a small roadside flea market in my small town for a few cents and would like to know about it. I like the patch. I hope this is the correct place for it, and assume it is military.

Thanks,
    Ron

Ron C.,

Yes it is. The patch is for the squadron as a whole there are a couple of other patches for component units of the squadron. You can tell from this patch what the squadron's main role is.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
      Ron C.,

Yes it is. The patch is for the squadron as a whole there are a couple of other patches for component units of the squadron. You can tell from this patch what the squadron's main role is.

Regards,

Gordon
      Gordon,

Thanks. So it is a common one.....I thought it likely was. I sort of like it, but I do not know anyone who collects modern German things around my little town; however, I like tigers so I guess I will just keep it anyway. Does it have any value at all?

Ron

Comment

Just wait and it perhaps will get more value: The Bordhubschrauberstaffel with its Sea Lynx helicopters was transferred from MFG 3 to MFG 5 in the end of 2012, so it is not a current patch anymore.

Comment

Ramjet,

Thanks for your input.

Ron C.,

MFG 3 now flies the P3C Orion for recon and sub hunting plus the Dornier 228 LM as transport and oil pollution control in the North Sea. Their current squadron crest appears to be.

Regards,

Gordon
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X