Which Polizei force used this parka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Polizei force used this parka?

Definitely no BGS contract/issue piece. Lots and lots of differences to note, but obviously it's a direct copy. There is signs of a standard large Polizei shield on the arm pocket, which rules out only Baden-Baden (I think). Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks,

Steve

Do you have a Detail of the Label?
    BTW: Baden-Baden is a Town, the Country is Baden-Württemberg.

Comment

Steve,

Interesting looking coat. I don't ever remember seeing a polizei coat with the pocket on the left sleeve, like this one has, only on BGS coats.
      As an aside, my oldest son was born in Baden-Baden.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Polizei Parka

That's a great looking parka. You're fortunate to come across that.

Comment

Heh... of course I meant Baden-Württemberg Although I did not have a child born in Baden-Baden, I did eat some pastries there that nearly stopped my heart. Yes, 22 years later I still remember the pastries, they were that good!

The labels are white polyester type. The only thing on there that looks to be of use is "F-35", which appears to be the manufacturer.

Steve

Comment

A similar Parka is offered here as "BGS-Parka":

http://www.google.de/imgres?sa=X&hl=...9,r:3,s:0,i:92

Take a closed looked at the arm pocket flap with the signs of the patch and tab...

Regards & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
              A similar Parka is offered here as "BGS-Parka":

http://www.google.de/imgres?sa=X&hl=...9,r:3,s:0,i:92

Take a closed looked at the arm pocket flap with the signs of the patch and tab...

Regards & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
              Why do they state that this is the same Model as the Bundeswehr Parka, except for the colour? Never saw a BW PArka with Sleeve Office sewn on directly.

Comment

That parka is definitely BGS. I've got one of those as well The mystery Polizei parka is definitely similar, but it's very different in details. Even picking it up you can tell it's different because it is made from lighter weight, cheaper material compared to the BGS parka. The shoulders have the large wide loops for rank, the BGS parka is small loop and button. Etc. The stitch marks on the Polizei parka pen pocket are clearly for a large shield type badge.

Nico,

That always others me too The BGS parka is obviously influenced by the BW parka, but of course quite different. Longer for a start!

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X