Splittertarn Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splittertarn Pants

1957 dated , lots of repairs and faded like most out there , but over all complete ,missing belt , $5 , they can still be found at a decent price !
    They are almost an art piece with all the patching that has been done to them , a Splitter mosaic !!

Your run of ridiculously awesome finds continues

Repairs like this are quite common. it seems that the inside lower legs and knees are the two most common places to see patched.

Since these things were used for about 8+ years after the last one was made they had to get creative with repairs. Take the ones that are totally trashed, cut them up for patches, and patch away! As you can see from yours they don't care about matching the cloth either, as you have both Blue and Green variant patches. I had one with Broad Splinter (shudder) as well! That's like repairing a blazer from Sears with something from Armani

Steve

Comment

It is a patch work quilt

Comment

Yeah, I can see some of the other failure areas patched up. The bottom seam of the hand pockets is one, the crotch below the fly is another. Looks like yours has all the usual suspects, plus a few extra for good measure

Steve

Comment

panzerwerk,

Nice find. I'd buy every ppair of these that I could for $5.00!!!!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Gordon , I plan on using these as trade fodder someday !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X