Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Police Uniform Example - Please Help

Hello all. Greetings from the DDR Forum

I am looking to assemble a uniform of a high ramking sargant in the Military Police. Would anybody mind posting some pics of their own uniforms to get me started with shoulderboards/patches. The only thing I really know is that the uniform piping was either Red and/or Orange.

Thank you for your help

Stasi,

The arm of service colour for Feldjaeger is orange. The uniforms are basically the same as other service personnel except for the colour of the beret and the cap badge. I can not post any actual uniforms from my collection because I am on holidays. Here is a picture from my files of a Feldjaeger in Afgahnistan. I'll try and add some more when I get home.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the repliea and "views" so far

I am looking to assemble a tunic of a West German Military Police Sargent so any thoughts on patches, shoulderboards and visor caps are appreciated

Comment

It will probably be tough to find a used feldjäger tunic all ready to go. My recommendation is to purchase a NCO tunic (dull gold colored cord around the collar) then purchase rank and collar insignia separately. This also allows you to choose what time period to portray since there are several different tunic styles over the years.

The unit badge (left arm) can be pretty much anything, I think. As I understand it feldjäger are assigned to Brigades, Divisions, Korps, and some specialized higher level commands.

An orange beret, new, can be purchased quite easily. The badge can also be purchased quite easily.

Steve

Comment

As stated before MP tunics in general and NCO´s in detail are hard to find ... If you follow steves advice feel free toask me for the details ... shoulderboards with orange underlay, collartabs or most of the unit patches are waiting in my cellar to be resewn to a tunic !

All the rest - visors ( as long as your timeline is not before 1970) or the white webbing - can easily be purchased on german ebay ...!

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
            It will probably be tough to find a used feldjäger tunic all ready to go. My recommendation is to purchase a NCO tunic (dull gold colored cord around the collar) then purchase rank and collar insignia separately. This also allows you to choose what time period to portray since there are several different tunic styles over the years.

The unit badge (left arm) can be pretty much anything, I think. As I understand it feldjäger are assigned to Brigades, Divisions, Korps, and some specialized higher level commands.

An orange beret, new, can be purchased quite easily. The badge can also be purchased quite easily.

Steve
            I think the orange Beret is the most difficult thing to get. The BW never used them. Feldjäger wear a "Korallerot" coralred Beret with the Feldjäger Beret Badge.
            I have hundreds of Red Berets in all sizes left.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
              I think the orange Beret is the most difficult thing to get. The BW never used them. Feldjäger wear a "Korallerot" coralred Beret with the Feldjäger Beret Badge.
              I have hundreds of Red Berets in all sizes left.
              I was thinking too much about the uniform colors and not the beret! My bad

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X