Uniform Tailor book, early Bundeswehr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform Tailor book, early Bundeswehr?

Just wondering if anyone has seen a book like this one. It does not say "West Germany", but the cut of the uniforms looks post war. Opinions?

Thanks,

Gerard

Gerard - The references to the Bundeswehr (Federal Defense Force) would indeed indicate that this is a post-war, "West German" publication.

I have never seen the specific "blue prints" for the Bundeswehr dress uniforms nor am I familiar with the garb sported by the dapper fellow in the "Lawyers and Judges" chapter.

This is an intriguing thread with the potential to spur much discussion on this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to post these excerpts.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Looks like a great reference book

Comment

Wow. Are the combat uniforms covered in this book? My guess is they are not, but if they are... that would be fantastic reference!

Steve

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. No, it only has the dienstrock, hose and mantel. It also has them for the navy. The book is only partly military, as you can see from the waldbluse and the judges robes. It is put out by the Deutsche Bekleidungs-Akademie, München. NO mention of country, but "Deutsche" does give it away. I found an advertisement for another edition inside, which dated this one at 1964/65. I also have a Uniform-fibel for the Bundeswehr, 1960. It illustrated many standard uniforms and a few field uniforms, but no camo or anything like that. It is a small pocket book.

Gerard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X