"NBC suit" Bundeswehr, 1975

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"NBC suit" Bundeswehr, 1975

Hi there. I wanted to show some pictures of my "1975 Bw NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) suit of the Bundeswehr. It is a complete and matching set which contains shoes, jacket and pants. Would be nice to read some comments. I'd be glad to provide more detailed pictures if desired.

Regards, Matthias
    Attached Files

Pictures 03 and 04.
    Attached Files

Comment

Matthias,

Interesting suit. What kind of mask would have been worn with this suit? Did the guys who wore this suit carry any personal medical kits? I imagine there were decontamination stations for the people in the suits before they took them off? Were they trucks, booth etc?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hi Gordon. I'm gonna post some pictures of the gas mask along with the content of the gas mask bag. As it is already night in Argentina I have to take the pictures indoors. Hope the quality will be ok.

Regards, Matthias

Comment

As promised the pictures. It is a standard "M65" gas mask which comes with the decontamination-kit. The kit is missing the special stuff like atropine shots which will be given to the soldiers just in case of action.
          There are stationary decontamination facilities at the barracks / bases as well as mobile decontamination stations on trucks. I remeber an exercise in the field where tents had been used as decontamination stations.

Regards, Matthias
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 04-30-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Matthias,

Thanks for the accessories which go with this suit. I am familiar with the atropine syringes. We used to use ones with extra long needles that could be used right through a winter parka. We practiced with syringes filled with salt water.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Wow very nice!

Comment

Also had some of them. The "A" means Ausbildung what means it's an old used one for Training only.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
                  Also had some of them. The "A" means Ausbildung what means it's an old used one for Training only.
                  Moin nach Deutschland. It's definitely not an "old used one" as I have received it in new condition in 1992 and worn numerous times during exercises and TacEvals / OpEvals. I'm not a 100% sure but in my opinion the "A" stands for the blood group, in my case "A-Rh+".

Regards, Matthias

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
                    Moin nach Deutschland. It's definitely not an "old used one" as I have received it in new condition in 1992 and worn numerous times during exercises and TacEvals / OpEvals. I'm not a 100% sure but in my opinion the "A" stands for the blood group, in my case "A-Rh+".

Regards, Matthias
                    Old can also mean expired Shelf life as you can use them for some Years to have some protection. From 1975 to 92 makes sense in your case. I think to remember that the Shelf life for NBC Protection is 6 Years.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X