Post war document satchel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post war document satchel?

Im trying to id this, any info on its nationality, era. etc.

[/QUOTE]

Its easyer to say what it not is...: Its definitely not Bundeswehr. Also are any map / documentcase of the BGS and other organisations I know of another typ. The only possibility of post war (west-) german origin is that it is a police item.

Jens

Comment

jager17,

Definitely not post war West German.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Since the design is not inconsistent with a German map/documents case, I personally can't rule out the possibility that it is BRD. It appears to be quite old, so it could have been produced in the 1940s or early 1950s. We don't have much documentation of items made in this time period.

Remember, this could be something completely unrelated to traditional map cases. My earlier suggestion to jager17 is that it could be something as simple as a "meter maid" case for holding ticket books. How many of us here are familiar with traffic ticket pouches of the 1950s?

Having said that, I am positive it is not Bundeswehr. I am also pretty sure it isn't BGS, though I leave open the possibility of being very early 1950s. It might also be some sort of early precursor organization to something we're more familiar with, such as ZB. Could be very early Polizei of some sort. From my experience there is less known about the early BRD days than is known.

Steve
        Last edited by Collectinsteve; 04-30-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Steve,

Look here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=432637

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

thanks for the help guys, yes i found out its a soviet one.

Comment

Excellent! Glad the mystery is solved. Unfortunately with so little known about the early post-war years, East and West, it's easy to overlook those areas as possibilities when a mystery item crops up. Especially because prior to the BDR and DDR existing there were forces created that were short lived and purposefully kept quiet. Some of that stuff has to turn up sometime, and when it does I bet we'll all be scratching our heads

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X