Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rettungsstaffel berlin tunic

Gentlemen,

A new tunic that I have Klaus to thank for poining out the auction and Jens for helping me acquire it. It hasn't arrived yet but I would like to start on the research of this tunic, and unit, now as it has really aroused my curiosity. The vendor listed it as having "security, THW" association. Perhaps one of our forum members can shed some light on what this unit was. its tasks etc. and some info on the tunic itself.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Gentlemen,

I finally entered the correct words into google and got results. The people who wore these tunics were, in North American terms, para medics. They functioned as part of the Eemergency Services. I have yet to decypher the reason for the two gold bars on the sleeve but they probably represent years of service or position held in the particular organization he belonged to.
    The picture below shows them in their working garb. You can see the beginning of the word RETTUNGSSTAFFEL on the back of one of the coats. With them is a medical officer. You can just make out the beginning of the word NOTARZT on the back of his coat.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Comment

Ah! So that's what it is. I was wondering I'm glad you were able to scratch the mental itch so quickly.

Steve

Comment

Strange uniform. I dont remember this one. When I searched, I only found Rettungshundestaffel - search/rescue dog teams. These are connected to DRK, Feuerwehr and other first aid organisations. Gold bars would be rank, because some Fw use this type sleeve rank.

The vehicle in photo says Johanniter, but their dress uniforms are brown I think. It appears people in first photo are just DRK, but I cannot read patches.

regards
        Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

I should have been clearer about what I meant to illustrate when I posted the pictures. The pictures are from a web site that discusses para medics in general. What their job is, the training required etc. I was only trying to indicate that the tunic I posted pictures of was for a para medic. Not that it belonged specifically to either organization shown in the pictures. The pictures were used only becuase they showed the use of the word "rettungsstaffel" on a vehicle and on a coat.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X