Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting pouch

Ahoy Gents,

I was looking on M136.com when I came across this picture of a MG gunner on exercise in the early 90s near Kassel. Notice the black pouch on his belt and the bayonet/knife. I have no clue what the pouch is (once again ) and I wondered if you clever blokes know.

Hope you had a good easter,
    Regards,
    Phil.

We need a linky

Steve

Comment

Seems like Zubehörtasche for MG3 (and MG1 in BGS) from your description. They used these in to 1990s. It carried equipment for MG barrel change and repair.

Here is thread where they were discussed:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=410853

regards
      Klaus

Comment

Oppse i forgot to link the image silly me!

Comment

Sorry here it is

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_zbgesLc54nA/S7...0/File0020.jpg

I think you are right Klaus.

Comment

Great picture for a couple of reasons.

Interesting the black leather pouches were still in use as late as 1990, which is likely when this picture was taken. Also cool to see what appears to be an AK-74 bayonet on his belt. German MG gunners in WW2 traditionally carried a bayonet even though they don't have a rifle to put it on, so looks like the tradition continues

Steve

Comment

How could I miss bayonet?

It could be later than 1990 even. Flecktarn took long time to come. You still see olive uniform as late as 1994 sometimes in photos. 1991 or even 1992 is more possible for this photo, since he has flecktarn cover, NVA bayonet. It appears he wears flecktarn Stahlhelm cover, but hard to see pattern.

regards
              Klaus

Comment

Yup, could have been much later indeed. I was last in Germany during the summer of 1992 and was in Frankenberg, which is where Bataillon Elektronische Kampfführung 932 is based (at least I think that's the unit that is there). I was disappointed to see everybody wearing Moleskin. But I was happy to purchase an unissued set of 1st Model Flecktarn from a guy in München for $120. Seemed like a good deal to me for the next couple of years, but not so good every year after!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                  .... You still see olive uniform as late as 1994 sometimes in photos....
                  Beside the fact that the moleskin stuff is - depending on ZDv 37_10 - still official uniform gear the overall use of flecktarn began short before the year 2000. During the trial exercises for the GÜZ (CMTC) on the ALTMARK training area in 1997 most of the personal of the HVK (Hauptverteidigungskräfte - Main body of the Heer) was dressed in molesin - combined with some NVA gear. Only the KRK (KriesenReaktionsKräfte - chrisis reaction force) troops where equipped with flecktarn at this moment! To sad that digital photograpie wasn`t availible then...(beside that it would have been forbidden to take photos in that facility..)

Jens

Comment

Recently I've seen a bunch of Moleskin jackets with a 1997 production date on them!! I'm not entirely convinced that these are legitimate, since I've seen no dates inbetween 1991 and 1997, but rather the same old factories cranking out extra stock of cloth with bogus Q numbers on them. The alternative is that the BW, for some crazy reason, decided to bring the Moleskin uniform back into service. Perhaps as an Arbeitsanzug? I've never heard of that before, though I do not discount it as a possibility (no matter how remote it may be).

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X