marquardt and schulz flightsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marquardt and schulz flightsuit

Hello, My friend has this flight suit and I was wondering if I could get any information on it? Sorry for the horrible photos, he only has a cellphone to take pictures with

thank you

Ypres Creepers - Thanks for visiting.

Unfortunately, flight suits aren't in "my line of work" so to speak, but I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to provide you with some information.

Here's what little I can contribute:

- The Model B, Size 8 flight suit was manufactured by Marquardt & Schulz Berufskleiderfabrik GmbH & Co. KG of Hannover in 1988
    - It appears to have been made for Bundeswehr (The armed forces of the Federal Republic of Germany). The numbers "8415-12-801-0012" generally correspond with a military contract, but I'm not certain.
    - The word "aramid" speaks to the fire-resistant qualities of the fabric.

Better pictures, to include the outlines of stitching where patches were removed, will help our panel of experts provide more detailed information.

All the best - TJ

Comment

I know 1988 was a big year for experimental uniforms for the BW as a whole. When I see something like "Modell B" I think trials of an experimental version.

The Germans usually lettered major variants with a number for a sub variant. For example, Modell B2 or Modell BII. Once an item is adopted there are no variants, therefore there is no need to mark a "Modell" since there is only one type. I am not aware of full production items having a "Modell" designation, though it wouldn't surprise me to know there are exceptions to that rule.

However, usually there is either the word "Erprobung", "Trupenversuch",
      TruVsu" (I think!), or "TrVsu" on the label somewhere. But I am pretty sure I've seen some legitimate trials gear that did not have this designation explicitly stated.

Steve

Comment

Is that a green one?

Comment

Ypres Creepers,

Better photos would help. The colour of these suits could be blue, brown, green or orange. I didn't include cammouflage because this suit appears to be of a single colour. I know that you said you only had cell phone pictures but there really isn't much we can do with the pictures that you sent.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

He says it's more of a steel gray actually, I'll see if he can get some better photos, at least in better light

Comment

Steel gray is the color I'd expect for this one. The features look pretty standard for a BW flight suit. I have an experimental desert camouflage version (dated 2001, IIRC) and the features are similar.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                Steel gray is the color I'd expect for this one. The features look pretty standard for a BW flight suit. I have an experimental desert camouflage version (dated 2001, IIRC) and the features are similar.

Steve
                Yes, grey is the most common. Somewhere I must have 3 or 4 originaly left.
                I also had the camo Truppenversuch ones in Stock and I still have the Watertight Naval Aviators ones in Stock. Allway's a hard to get item.
                Nico

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X