Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identification needed

Hi all,

I have had this jacket in my collection for a while and I still don't know what it is. It's made from a high quality green wool and is quite heavy. The epaulettes show rank that appears to have been three separate straight bars on each. There are no markings or tags inside.

Best guess so far has been Justiz use of some sort. Anybody have an informed answer or guess?

Thanks,

Steve

Might be Baden-Würtemberg justizdienst.

Comment

Thanks! Do you have a picture of such a uniform?

I looked at the collar very carefully. It is possible that there was something sewn onto it before. It's VERY hard to say for sure. If there was something it appears to have been rectangular, similar to what S-H Polizei uniforms used. Again, I could be completely mistaken about there being anything on the collars or about the shape. The evidence is very minor.

Steve

Comment

The style of jacket , colour and shoulderboards is similar to NRW Polizei. Their Polizei used silver buttons, not know about Justiz and gold buttons, but normally not much difference. Of course, höherer Dienst would have gold buttons. NRW did not use Kragenspiegel though.

I did not think Baden-Württemberg had shoulderboards on tunics, but I guess Justiz could be exception, if Nico right?

regards
        Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

The jacket's color is very green and the weight of the wool quite different than other tunics. NRW is more grayish and a much thinner material than this one.

While looking through a 1970 BGS Taschenbuch I found that Hamburg Schutzpolizei Pol-Hauptkommissar and Leitender Pol-Direktor (the highest rank) used three disconnected parallel bars on shoulder rank. I know that Hamburg Polizei uniforms were never green like this, so I don't for a second think this is Hamburg. I'm just pointing out that at least one German law enforcement department used this type of shoulder rank, so it is possible that another did as well.

For the record I don't think this jacket is forestry, rail, or any other type of government agency.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X