BGS Splinter pattern camo pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGS Splinter pattern camo pants

Just scored these today!....they are a little beat-up with a few repairs but still a nice pair of pants I thought I'd never stumble on..at first I thought they were the para pants but noticed no zipper on the pockets.....I also have a hood and a helmet cover Ive collected over the years, not easy items to find!!...now I need a jacket!!!...mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Mike,

Looks like you have a decent pair of the green variant. Unfortunately the prices of these things has been through the roof lately. Even the most beat up examples are going for $100+ per piece. And if someone has one in decent condition they usually start the bidding price very high or it goes astronomical before bidding ends.

My advice is to be prepared for about $100-$150 for a decent condition jacket. And by decent I mean partially faded, a half dozen repairs, a few replaced snaps, and a zipper that most likely won't work. These poor buggers were issued over and over and over again. It's amazing any are still in one piece!

You should also be VERY careful about the color variants. It's usually very difficult for even a trained eye to tell the difference, especially given poor quality pictures to look at. Sellers don't usually know there are two different colors (green and blue) so they usually don't specify.

Steve

Comment

Nice find. There are often jackets on ebay.de, just search "splittertarn". Also sometimes I see them on ebay.com.

These are actually Bundeswehr splittertarn trousers for Bodentruppen (ground troops like you noted). Thought I mention that, because title says "BGS splinter camo trousers" and BGS had different splinter camo trousers, but they are very rare and were apparently not issued often. I know only 1 or 2 examples.

regards
        Klaus
        Last edited by Klaus1989; 04-05-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Heh... I didn't really notice the title of the thread. Good catch, Klaus.

Steve

Comment

Yeah, thanks!!...I love this camo but Im not up on all the correct IDs!!!!.....mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X