Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packing List early Bundeswehr

Gentlemen,
    I've just wanted to show you this old packing-list from my grand-dad.
    Its almost the same crap we had to haul when we went shooting for a few days.
    If you have any questions please let me know.
    Regars,
    Phil

Really interesting document .... and even more interesting that the rarest item on the list today is the "Schlafdecke mit Reissverschluß" (wollblanket with zipper as sleepingbag) , the predecessor of the famouse "Ärmelschlafsack" (the rubberized sleepingbag with sleeves and rubber-cover) which was invented in 1959 / 60. In over 10 years I didn´t manage to get one...

Jens

Comment

Phil - great piece of history!

Do you know if your Grandad was issued any pouches to hold his G-1 magazines?

Charlie Brown recently posted a picture of an experimental set from the Koblenz Museum and Bernhard posted a picture of a 1956 "greni" wearing leather BGS magazine pouches.

Also any feedback on the type of canteen would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

TJ

Comment

I have some BGS service handbooks from over the years. I'll have to dig them up and see how this list might have changed over the years. Note to others... I also have Der Reibert going back to the 1950s sometime (IIRC 1959). Lots of interesting data in there!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr. View Post
          Phil - great piece of history!

Do you know if your Grandad was issued any pouches to hold his G-1 magazines?

Charlie Brown recently posted a picture of an experimental set from the Koblenz Museum and Bernhard posted a picture of a 1956 "greni" wearing leather BGS magazine pouches.

Also any feedback on the type of canteen would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

TJ
          Hey TJ,
          they were issued pouches. I remember seeing a black and white photo were he was wearing his battle-rattle.
          I don't know if they were made of leather.

Cheers,
          Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X