Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koblenz pictures

Well I finally got round to it,

These are my images taken in the Bundeswehr technical museum. I have included only BW phots, I know this is a militaria forum but I thought it might be nice to have these here.

I highly recomend this museum, a must see if youre visiting the north west of Germany.

Regards,
    Phil

Thanks for posting! I was there in 1992 and unfortunately that was before digital cameras or my love of all things BW. That means my collection of pictures is both small in size and in number

I love that early model G1 magazine carrying system. I've never seen anybody experiment with offset vertically aligned magazine pouches like that. Very interesting and, I'm guessing, super rare. I don't think I've even seen a picture of one before now.

Great shot of the 1st Model parka. I have one but the epaulettes were cut off so it's nice to see an example in one piece.

And who wouldn't want that closet? Interesting to see that the soldier (or curator) used two sets of Obergefreiter badges to get the rank of Oberfeldwebel. Neat.

Steve

Comment

Got an original box of the "Kellen" or "Kasperklatschen" on the Feldjäger-pic.
      I mean these Red/White round on a wooden handle carried in the Belt. they come in the original marked Paperbags.

Comment

Is that some type infrared scope on the M1 carbine? Looks a little like Zielgerät 1229 ("Vampir") for StG44. Any more information?

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Yes Klaus, the device on the carbine (then called M3) is a infrared device...developed in the 40ies by the US it was also used - or at least tested - by the BW.

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Brown View Post
            Well I finally got round to it,

These are my images taken in the Bundeswehr technical museum. I have included only BW phots, I know this is a militaria forum but I thought it might be nice to have these here.

I highly recomend this museum, a must see if youre visiting the north west of Germany.

Regards,
            Phil

Hello sir!
            Where is photos? May you show it one more time?

Thank You

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X