CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW Hats

Two BW dress caps from the late sixties. The darker one has been wearer modified; I'm not sure why insignia is bronze and the other silver - junior enlisted, NCO distinction?

G5
    Attached Files

Comment

Side Views

Side views
      Attached Files

Comment

BW side caps

A selection of BW side caps. Fun to collect and very inexpensive.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
          Two BW dress caps from the late sixties. The darker one has been wearer modified; I'm not sure why insignia is bronze and the other silver - junior enlisted, NCO distinction?

G5
          G5,

The bronze and silver cap badges bothered me for years and I remember finding an answer some time ago but I can not remember what it was now and I obviously didn't write it down in anything I have with me since I've scoured my books and info I've collected over the years and can not find any info on why there are two different colours. Back to the research I guess.

Cheers,

Gordon

Comment

Odd ebay auction. An alleged West German sniper smock in amoebatarn. I was not aware that BW used WWII pattern smocks. Probably a fake!

http://cgi.ebay.com/West-German-Snip...QQcmdZViewItem

Klaus

Comment

Genosse,
              This is likely a custom made Garment, like the Helmet Covers we find... don't forget the Movie " A Bridge too far" cut up Zelts of this pattern to make SS Smocks.

Comment

Hi,
                This is veri simpel
                Bronze= 1. Modell 1955-1961
                Silver= 2. Modell 1961-?

1955-1951 (Sorry in German) MĂ¼tzenabzeichen und Knöpfe sind Bronzfarbent.
                1961-? umstellung auf Silberne MĂ¼tzenabzeichen und Knöpfe.

Comment

Kurt,

Thanks for posting the info on the bronze versus silver cap badges. Very useful info.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I just received EM and officer examples of early Niedersachsen Feuerwehr SchirmmĂ¼tzen. They are pre-kokarden era and have the Landeswappen and helmet with crossed ax and pick. Try to post photos in next week or so.

Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

I look forward to seeing your pictures. It would be interesting to have a West German Feuerwehr thread on the International Forum.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gents,

I have a question on the camo cap pictured below. It has a small red red piece of material threaded through the air vent holes on both sides. Does any one what significance this red material has, if any?

Regards,

Gordon
                        Attached Files

Comment

A side view showing the red material.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Genosse,
                            This is likely the Wearer wishing to show his branch of Service Colour, it might have been a Unit fashion.

Comment

Hallo,
                              Ja, ich weiss was das ist.
                              Das ist die Waffenfarbe, normalerweise von den Schulterklappen.
                              Hier eingenbau des Trägers.
                              Ist in einigen Kompanien durch Kompanie Chef erlaubt.

Comment

As above in English.

Yes that is what it is. It is the Arm of Service colour, normally found on the shoulder straps or shoulder boards. This is allowed by the Sergeant Major in some units.

Not an exact translation but good enough I think.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X