ID These Cloth Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID These Cloth Caps

I need a little help with these two, as post war militaria is outside my usual realm of collecting please. I purchased these two caps due to the metal pins attached. I'm guessing the brown cap is Swedish post war, and the feldgrau one is a Bundeswehr Einheitsfeldmütze? Any info that can be given on these would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

282278028161345kpon.jpg
    804346628161346kpon.jpg
    313145628161347kpon.jpg

The M43 style cap is definitely not Bundeswehr. Possibly a BRD forestry cap with phoney badges (miniature iron cross & LW pilot) attached ?
    Difficult to tell from the photographs, but the badges could be '57 style stickpins ?
    Last edited by RJKG; 09-04-2020, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Cheers RJKG. No, the pins aren't all military service related. They are just Germany related travel novelty pins and badges etc. I bought these for those, and the caps came with them:

37974528161346kpon.jpg

Comment

Michaelsemann,

I agree on the first cap. The second, with the green piping, is probably post war German police. I better picture of the maker markings on the sweat shield of the green piped cap would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Please also of the Buttons.
          Look green from here, so my guess ist forestry workers or hunters.
          Often you could see them with Farmers in Northern Germany.
          See the Pics of the late, great Actor Jan Feder in the Series Büttenwarder.
          https://www.google.com/search?q=b%C3...w=1536&bih=750

Comment

Many thanks for the helpful replies. As soon as the caps arrive and are in my possession, I will post the requested photos.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
              Please also of the Buttons.
              Look green from here, so my guess ist forestry workers or hunters.
              Often you could see them with Farmers in Northern Germany.
              See the Pics of the late, great Actor Jan Feder in the Series Büttenwarder.
              https://www.google.com/search?q=b%C3...w=1536&bih=750
              Nico,

Thanks for your comments on the buttons. I should have paid more attention to them. Closer to Forestry than police.

Cheers,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon, they had so many different Types of forestry that it would be hard to find out what it is exactly.
                There was for sure the State Forestry, County, Church, Private and so on. Then the Forestry Administrations of old Noble Family Estates.
                Even the GDR had huge Church owned Forestry Estates.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X