Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Kampfschwimmer badge

Hi all,

Just looking for opinions on this badge. Is it legit? Can anyone identify the maker of this badge?

Thanks

Marcus

E4EF8CE5-3D82-430C-A0EB-5C5A1AB55B13.jpeg 33002F10-D70B-45E4-939F-2D0904A0AD2B.jpeg

Never saw such Badge before.

Comment

mevm36,

Have a look here.

Regards,

Gordon

https://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinsti...er-marine-ksm/

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
        mevm36,

Have a look here.

Regards,

Gordon

https://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinsti...er-marine-ksm/
        Very interesting article especially the historical timeline. Now my original question regarding the badge, has anyone seen one of this type (meaning manufacture) before. The pin is unusual and the badge metal is unusual. It seems to be quite an old badge.

Marcus

Comment

Marcus,

As to having seen one before, yes, but only a similar one on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/124157403225 and even then the attachment method is different. The pin on the badge you posted is unlike any other BRD pin that I have seen. I have no reference to this badge in any of my reference material. It would be nice to know its origin though.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
            Marcus,

As to having seen one before, yes, but only a similar one on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/124157403225 and even then the attachment method is different. The pin on the badge you posted is unlike any other BRD pin that I have seen. I have no reference to this badge in any of my reference material. It would be nice to know its origin though.

Regards,

Gordon
            Hi Gordon,

I am very interested in this badge as I have a Silver plated what I believe to be a jewellers copy of the Ostvolk 1st Class w/o swords that has the identical pin attachment. The hinge block and pin clasp are identical. I have been unable to determine the origins of my Ostvolk badge, some say it is a fake however why would anyone in their right mind silver plate a fake badge and have such a clean hinge block and pin clasp. This badge I believe to be of the same origins as my Ostvolk so am very interested in its origins. This is such a unique piece that I cannot see it being a fake either but a very early production or perhaps even one off of the Kampfschwimmer badge. My Ostvolk is posted under the 1957 forum.

Marcus

Comment

Marcus,

I went looking for the Ostvolk badge you mentioned in then 57er sub forum but couldn't find it. To look at the needle on your badge again, it is unlike anything that I have seen on any badge regardless of the country. Not much more to say but to make sure that the pictures on the ebay link are visible to anyone who looks at this thread in the future I am going to add an obverse and reverse picture of them. I've spent some time today scanning ebay, and other sites, that sell numerous variations of this badge. The one thing I have become sure of is that I can not guarantee any of the metal badges available on the net are real. The only one I could have any faith is the one worn by, "Sven Rump ist Kommandeur der Spezialkräfte Marine am Stützpunkt der Einheit in Eckernförde. Quelle: Carsten Rehder/dpa" . And even then, where did he get his? 2ec17582-379a-11ea-94f0-66352a1373ff_w760.jpg

Regards,

Gordon

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Comment

i adjust my original uniform jacket of an ehm. Kampfschwimmer! normally only hand-embroidered badges were worn earlier. To my knowledge these metal badges were distributed by the Kalka company in Augsburg.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Uncle Kurt,

Interesting picture, as usual. Thanks for posting it. Interested in the American style para wings without any backing. Was there a particular time in the Bundeswehr that they were worn this way?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hello, Gordon,
                      You mean those oval-badges made of cloth?
                      These badges, they weren't worn normally!
                      Why I don't know!
                      I wear my badge from the 10th group SF :-)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X