No announcement yet.

1944 Pattern webbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Luc. I know Preston Issacs. He is a really nice guy.

Thanks for that Garth.

Garth came up to Birmingham Arms Fair with me at the weekend. I should add that Garth is "Mr Minty" and is very particular on what he collects. This is now a running joke between us

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Nice one Ade, I can't stop laughing over the comments at the weekend "Mint my A--e"

Cheers Garth

Comment

I've just started getting into 44 pattern stuff, seems like everyone else also is. I spoke to a dealer a few months ago and when I asked him 'have you got any 44 pattern stuff' his reply was 'No, sorry, you know not long ago I had loads of it and couldn't give it away, now it seesm everyone wants it!'. It's very nice looking kit and had a h#ll of a long service life, which is partially why unissued and early manufacture stuff seems so hard to get, I'm trying to put together a 44-45 dated set and a generic 50/60's set, looks like it's going the may of 37 pattern and 08, need to get trousers with deeper pockets

Really nice looking pieces Ade, especially like the waterbottle set, so hard to find like that. I think also the cover/carrier you posted a few pages ago might be one made up in recent years and flogged by the likes of SOF in their military catalogue to squaddies with 'refurbished' waterbottles/mug sets, no markings , fairly light coloured material and the type of LTD fasteners look exactly like the one I bought from them before I started actually collecting, not bad copies though.

Comment

Hi Johhny, thanks for your comments. I do think now is the time to buy. Ian Durrant does 44 pattern at fair prices.
          Funny you say that about the spare cover I have: I was given it by a "Soldier of Fortune"!

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

This is not strictly speaking 1944 pattern webbing. But I thought that I would share it here as it is a Jungle green coloured item which kind of fits in the theme .

This is the small map case. Often seen in tan coloured webbing too and then sold as a special forces item to due their use by A/B forces.

Cheers, Ade.
            Attached Files

Comment

Other side
              Attached Files

Comment

Nicely marked
                Attached Files

Comment

Opened out
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dated 1945, although the photo does make it look like a "6"
                    Attached Files

Comment

"I've just started getting into 44 pattern stuff, seems like everyone else also is. I spoke to a dealer a few months ago and when I asked him 'have you got any 44 pattern stuff' his reply was 'No, sorry, you know not long ago I had loads of it and couldn't give it away, now it seesm everyone wants it!"
                      Ah...i too have experienced this new phenomena, dealers seem shocked by the interest.

Don't forget though that 44 pattern items are quite happy in a variety of postwar collections as part of a full display, The French in the 50's...the Australians in the 60's both in Vietnam.

My search for more complete water bottles continues!

Nice stuff as ever Ade,

Patrick.

Comment

Hi Guys, here is a new addition to my collection courtesy of Garth. Thanks mate

This item is known as a "Millbank Bag". It fits inside the internal pocket found inside the '44 pattern water bottel cover. Named after the medical college where the item was developed, this item was used to filter water prior to boiling or chemical treatment. Condition is mint unissued and dated 1945. The maker is the same as the water carrier seen earlier in this thread.

Cheers, Ade.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Instruction label
                          Attached Files

Comment

Date and maker mark.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, I have just started out on the P44 gear. So far I have the belt and shoulder straps, but I sure could use a set of pouches.

MUST BE 1945 stamped and a matching pair

Anybody knows of a place to get these babyes ?!

Comment

For sale

HI GUYS THOUGHT YOU MAY LIKE TO KNOW I HAVE PUT A SET ON THE E STAND ,CHEERS Will

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X