Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics uploading to Forum sideways -- why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics uploading to Forum sideways -- why?

Having trouble uploading pics, from my iPhotos file, to WAF. They keep uploading sideways (although they appear correctly oriented in iPhotos). Why??

I do wish that the Forum had an easier to utilize method for uploading photos, particularly multiple photos.

I have the very same problem Douglas and I too would welcome a solution .

Other members on the forum have orientated my pics correctly so it can be done .

Regards Steve

Comment

It continues to happen to me every once in a while. I don't get it. The photo is oriented correctly as it appears in my iPhoto library.

Comment

don;t know if this would work but preview the post you are trying to do and if the picture is sideways , change it?

Comment

I've tried that; no luck.

Comment

I think it has something to do with picture size; but I don't understand why exactly.

Comment

Still occurring for me, and I see this issue in other posts as well. Any chance of added basic photo editing on the WAF?

Comment

Originally posted by DouglasDwight View Post
                Still occurring for me, and I see this issue in other posts as well. Any chance of added basic photo editing on the WAF?
                Do a test with a new picture
                Iphone Control Center. If you see , tap it to turn Portrait Orientation Lock on
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Just happened to me. Again.

Comment

You need to edit the photo in some manner. Change the name do a 360 rotation and then straighten it before upload.

Comment

In all honesty, incorrect picture orientation seems to occur most often after I have rotated the native file, on my iPhone.

Comment

This usually happens with pictures taken either on your phone or ipad.
                        The solution is to save them to your computer first then rotate them to correct orientation.
                        Using windows built in viewer with the rotate buttons is enough to get correct orientation, no need for special software or editing programs.

An easy way to get the pictures from your phone or ipad is to upload them to google Drive, then save them to your computer from there....or to just email them to yourself and download onto your computer.

Comment

Thanks Sonderkommando.

I do take pictures mainly with my iPhone, or sometimes iPad, then rotate or crop them, if needed, on those devices. Then, I usually email them to my personal email account, in order to get them onto my desktop computer hard-drive. (Even though I have iCloud service.) I make almost all of my threads and posts off of my desk-top computer. The reason I utilize the photos emailed to myself, and not the photos automatically synced via iCloud, is because when I send the email out, I make sure to choose a small or medium file size, so that the photos can be uploaded to the Forum, which seems to have very restrictive file size. (Without reducing the file size, I can never get what I call “standard” iPhone photos to upload.

Does any of this make sense? Am I doing it properly?

So what you are saying, is that I should just email the iPhone photo to myself, however it is oriented, then orient via iPhoto on my desk-top. Correct?

Comment

Hi Douglas, correct.

Don't try and rotate them on your device, just do what you're already doing but rotate them once they're on your computer.
                            I'm not familiar with iPhoto, but assuming it works the same as Windows Picture Viewer it should solve the problem.

Also, with your camera you should have a setting to choose image size which may be of use as well. (although be aware you might lose image quality also)

I use a Samsung phone with removable SD card, and if I put the card into a card-reader on my computer the images are all over the place. It must be the way mobile phones and iPads etc. store the images.

Comment

Thanks so much for the technical advice, Sonderkommando!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X