No announcement yet.

Who was the best WWII author?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ridicule alone isn't enough, you've got to be tasteless about it. You've got to say things like 'More women died on the back seat of Edward Kennedy's car at Chappaquiddick than in the gas chambers at Auschwitz.' Now you think that's tasteless, what about this? I'm forming an association especially dedicated to all these liars, the ones who try and kid people that they were in these concentration camps, it's called the Auschwitz Survivors, Survivors of the Holocaust and Other Liars, 'ASSHOLs'. Can't get more tasteless than that, but you've got to be tasteless because these people deserve our contempt."
    ~ David Irving, October 1991

"[The Holocaust is] a major fraud...There were no gas chambers. They were fakes and frauds"
    ~ David Irving, 1991

Any historian making such claims about something as thoroughly documented as the "Final Solution of the Jewish Question" is not to be taken seriously, and deserves only contempt.

"I am a Baby Aryan
    Not Jewish or Sectarian
    I have no plans to marry an
    Ape or Rastafarian."
    ~ David Irving, diary entry of 17 September 1994

Comment

Georges Bernage and his crew of historians

Comment

This was a loaded question, as it did not clarify if the answer wanted was someone who wrote a lot of books or one who only wrote one from his experience in the War, or who wrote other peoples stories or novels like Mackinlay kantor or how bout Mark Yergers objective works ? Could it be someone like Bill Maulden, or John B. George, Lowell Thomas, Orson Wells, John F Kennedy, or many others , as the list is just narrow we can choose from. Maybe you should have asked what is YOUR favorite book written about WW2 , and who was it's author....I have a lot of favorites, but each author and subject matter are different, and many are hard to compare as many were great in the larger picture of the subject matter. As usual the subject gets hijacked talking of things outside the realm of the subject .
        Last edited by juoneen; 07-24-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michael miller View Post
          "ridicule alone isn't enough, you've got to be tasteless about it. You've got to say things like 'more women died on the back seat of edward kennedy's car at chappaquiddick than in the gas chambers at auschwitz.' now you think that's tasteless, what about this? I'm forming an association especially dedicated to all these liars, the ones who try and kid people that they were in these concentration camps, it's called the auschwitz survivors, survivors of the holocaust and other liars, 'asshols'. Can't get more tasteless than that, but you've got to be tasteless because these people deserve our contempt."
          ~ david irving, october 1991

"[the holocaust is] a major fraud...there were no gas chambers. They were fakes and frauds"
          ~ david irving, 1991

any historian making such claims about something as thoroughly documented as the "final solution of the jewish question" is not to be taken seriously, and deserves only contempt.

"i am a baby aryan
          not jewish or sectarian
          i have no plans to marry an
          ape or rastafarian."
          ~ david irving, diary entry of 17 september 1994
          he is 100% right.....

Comment

I’m not a fan of his books too much personally, but they are extremely fact filled. Does Rick Atkinson belong among consideration?

The Mighty Eighth is hands down my favorite fact filled world war 2 book ever. It’s by Gerald Astor.

The next up and comer IMO may be Adam Makos.

Jordan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X