No announcement yet.

What was your first "Bender Book"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started mid-80s with For Fuhrer and Fatherland, Military Awards.

I remember Bender Pubs also marketing a reprint of a German navy flag book. It was too expensive for me at the time but would be most interested to learn if any WAF colleagues own one?

Mike

Comment

In 1968 I was in the Marine Corps stationed just a couple miles from Rogers first store in Mt.View California and I saw an add in a local paper about him, so I called him. I bought Vol 1 Littlejohn and Dodkins Orders,Medals Badges and Decorations of the Third Reich. I still have it along with Many other Bender Books. We remained friends all these years, and I will miss our phone conversations. Last time I saw him was in 1998 when I paid him a visit to go over my future book "Tank Killers" which came out in 2000. He was a dear friend and I will miss him greatly ! RIP Roger. Tom Breyette

Comment

first bender

Vol 1 Littlejohn and Dodkins Orders,Medals Badges and Decorations of the Third Reich. I was in 8th grade! 1968.

Comment

Mine was "Afrikakorps" as well, 1st Edition 1973.
          Recall it was close to that date that I purchased it.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Uniforms, Organisation and History of the Waffen-SS Volume 1

Bought with paper round money and read til the pages wore thin. (recently completed the set out of fondness/nostalgia)

Ian
            Attached Files

Comment

For Fuhrer and fatherland Vol 1, bought in 1980....
              Still on the bookshelf,
              Rick

Comment

angolias first medal books and rogers waffen ss series when they came out in the 70s
                couldnt re read them enough / still have them
                steve

Comment

This was my 1st collector book, purchased at a model shop in 1972.
                  This is the original copy, has some wear and tear.
                  Tony
                  Attached Files

Comment

AIR ORGANIZATIONS OF THE THIRD REICH and then always on his mailing list for each new book for several years. Once I became an author myself, I started buying new releases from Volume Control as he gave me a discount since I sold him my books at a discount.

Comment

Min too was "Air Organisations of the Third Reich". Still have it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X