Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12SS Hitlerjugend Division books

Hi guys,

Today i create this thread in order to introduce you some amazing books written by a French author. Stephan Cazenave wrote a lot about SS Divisions, but since few years, he focuses mainly on the 12SS Hitlerjugend Division.

With a huge amount of unknown documents, maps, pictures and testimonies, his books are for sure some must have. Unfortunately, these are only published in French, but in my opinion, considering the pictures and documents, archives, it's worth the 59€.

For now, three books are available on the market:

-1.1 which depicts the trainings of the 12SS and it's formation until the eve of D-DAY
    -1.2 which is about the battle of Normandy regarding each regiment's situation.

-2 is a book only about the tank's regiment of the 12SS. It's about trainings and Invasion front's battles.

Each book contains more than 400 pages full of pictures, portraits, local items found on the battlefields and archives.

It's nowadays the only way to learn everything about the 12SS Division without being wrong.

Here is the link to the editor website: https://maranes-editions.com/index.php

I drop you some pictures.
    Attached Files

Awaiting English editions...

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
      Awaiting English editions...

+1

Comment

Vol 2 about the tank regiment is being done in English by jj fedorowicz

Comment

Are the widespread war crimes and atrocities of the HJ division covered in Cazenave's books??

Comment

Originally posted by John P. Moore View Post
            Are the widespread war crimes and atrocities of the HJ division covered in Cazenave's books??
            Did someone piss in your cereals as it seems that the only postings you are nowadays able to do is rantings about war crimes in every book conceivable? Perhaps you should devote equal energy to investigate Allied war crimes as defined by Hague and Geneva conventions...

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
              Did someone piss in your cereals as it seems that the only postings you are nowadays able to do is rantings about war crimes in every book conceivable? Perhaps you should devote equal energy to investigate Allied war crimes as defined by Hague and Geneva conventions...
              pasoleati - I asked a simple question. Your hostile reaction does not reflect positively on you.

Comment

To answer your question, yes war crimes are explained in these books. This author really Went to the deepest analysis of the normandy campaign and all details about it. It’s for sure an amazing source. He met and Known personnaly a lot of veterans of this unit and tried to sort out all proofs and evidences witjout just taking carte of post war testomonies.

Comment

war crimes

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j...T8Q_tpx7TvQfAS

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j...rjMpaPDEulVb2b

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j...PagNeDCvkSB18R

Please....

We have never exalted or hidden in our books the crimes committed by the German units. The Allies (US and USSR mainly), still today, deny their crimes committed.

Waffen211
                  Last edited by waffen211; 08-22-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I can only echo Julfrenchie's recommendation.

These are incredible volumes with an impressive amount of detail, many, many 1st person recollections from this division down to regiment and Zug (platoon) level, and they are impressively published on quality stock paper with many clear rare images. The French text will exclude those who lack language skills however with will there is a way to understand. Especially today with multiple resources at your disposal to clear your language barrier.

Highly recommended. His other editions on Panzer-Regiment 1 of LSSAH in Normandy and Panzer Regiment 2 Das Reich are also must haves.

If war crimes are your thing I recommend our protagonists start another thread. It takes away from those who simply want to know if spending nearly $100, in some cases more for these volumes, some that are now out of print, is worth it. They are not inexpensive.
                    Last edited by Lloyd I.; 08-31-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
                      I can only echo Julfrenchie's recommendation.

These are incredible volumes with an impressive amount of detail, many, many 1st person recollections from this division down to regiment and Zug (platoon) level, and they are impressively published on quality stock paper with many clear rare images. The French text will exclude those who lack language skills however with will there is a way to understand. Especially today with multiple resources at your disposal to clear your language barrier.

Highly recommended. His other editions on Panzer-Regiment 1 of LSSAH in Normandy and Panzer Regiment 2 Das Reich are also must haves.

If war crimes are your thing I recommend our protagonists start another thread. It takes away from those who simply want to know if spending nearly $100, in some cases more for these volumes, some that are now out of print, is worth it. They are not inexpensive.
                      How does the overal text content in these books compare with the well known book on the 12.SS Panzerdivision 'Hitlerjugend' written by Hubert Meyer?

Regards Richard.
                      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

sadly not avaiable.

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post
                          How does the overal text content in these books compare with the well known book on the 12.SS Panzerdivision 'Hitlerjugend' written by Hubert Meyer?

Regards Richard.

Blows it away Richard. Hubert's volumes had their purpose but Cazanave's could be considered the primer. At least that is how I see it.

Far better content overall, far better text, far better imagery.
                          Last edited by Lloyd I.; 09-03-2019, 05:40 PM. Reason: Double space for some reason on all posts

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
                            sadly not avaiable.

Correct. 'Sur le front de Normandie' is the only one available. The other volumes for 12th SS-Pz.Div. HJ are out of print, hence the hefty price to get them second hand.

Comment

Lloyd is fully right about all these books, these are for sure Must-have. By the way some are sold-out but you can always find on the editor website both 1.1 and 1.2 books about the 12ss regiments before and during the battle of Normandy. As far as i know, the author's project is to continue with an 1.3 following the end of the battle of Normandy.

LSSAH and Das Reich books are sold-out too, but if you can put your hands on these, do it !! they cost already more than the basic price but as i have been able to find them two months ago i can guarantee you taht you'll be more than amaze by everything in these books !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X