New Miday movie 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Miday movie 2019

Oh dear, looks like a playstation game!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_7eN5iloyk

A Pearl Harbour clone!

Michael

Comment

I'm hoping that it turns out better than the trailer; Woody Harrelson as Nimitz??
      It has to be better than the abysmal first "Midway" with Charlton Heston.
      As one who has read most of books on this decisive battle, I am keeping my fingers crossed, and do plan to see it.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post

EXACTLY looks like a damn video game. trying to pack too much action into every frame. Example: Zero strafing down a street at about 10ft off the ground??? yea right...idiots

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post

So true !

Comment

Es ist ein aufregendes Video. sehr ähnlich wie ein Videospiel, aber die Realität war sehr nah dran. Danke, dass du den YouTube-Videolink geteilt hast.

Comment

Typical Hollywood production. As you say, like a videogame. But that is exactly what the American public wants. In my opinion; sometimes less is more!

Comment

I did not like 1917 nor Jojo Rabbit, but I did like this movie. The combat scenes were great and the dive bombing of the Jap fleet was fantastic. It gave me a good feeling of what it must have been like dive bombing - my hat off to those who did that - you definitely needed big balls to dive time and again (if you survived) into massive anti-aircraft fire.

Comment

I enjoyed it. This battle does not get enough mention or the historical credit it deserves. New Zealand and Australia owe a lot of their freedom at the time to the success of this battle. The accurate sequence of events is informative.

Of course the computer graphics were used but in some ways they added to it, like the challenge of dive-bombing to 1500 feet to drop the bomb so it goes through more that one deck. That takes nerves of steel and the USN pilot did it more than once. Reminded me of what Rudel wrote in his book about how he sank the Russian battleship with one big bomb,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X