• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going relatively cheap here
    https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/pr.../9780974838991

Comment

Jim,

The book is now in stock with our UK distributor. I think the best price will be with Panzerwrecks.com They are selling the book with a -15% discount. They also have the special RZM boxes designed to ship the book.

Go to this link to order it.
      https://www.panzerwrecks.com/product...vision-wiking/

Comment

I’ve ordered from Panzerwrecks. Unfortunately the ship transporting the packaging was re-routed to Germany, so the despatch of the book has been delayed until early October. But I’m sure it will be worth the wait!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
          Jim,

The book is now in stock with our UK distributor. I think the best price will be with Panzerwrecks.com They are selling the book with a -15% discount. They also have the special RZM boxes designed to ship the book.

Go to this link to order it.
          https://www.panzerwrecks.com/product...vision-wiking/
          I don't understand how this is the UK distributor, there are 4 UK shops selling this book all with discounts ?
          https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/S...=17&prevpage=3
          post 53

Comment

Originally posted by JK53 View Post
            Book arrived safe and sound buy with confidence from this retailer.
            The book it self with a quick flick through lives up to the hype roll on my days off !!

Comment

I spent the extra money an got the signed edition.Fantastic!
              You should read it conjunction with the book "Wiking: A Dutch SS-er on the Eastern front" by
              Henk Kistemaker.
              He was the tank driver in panther #611 which is featured in several of the photos.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/908...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by JK53 View Post
                Received mine yesterday from the above retailer, I only looked at about the first 5 pages before my wife removed it and told me that I will have to wait for Father Christmas to deliver it I think that must count as mental abuse.

Jon

Comment

That is cruel - it’s excellent!

Michael

Originally posted by johann mor View Post
                  Received mine yesterday from the above retailer, I only looked at about the first 5 pages before my wife removed it and told me that I will have to wait for Father Christmas to deliver it I think that must count as mental abuse.

Jon

Comment

I got my copy today and I was surprised how bigger it is than Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp book. Of course it is full of quality stuff, a nice series of photographs of one day action at Eastern front. Also, descriptions have a lot of value itself, as provide a lot of useful information and are very well researched.
                    I just wonder what's else in Ernst Baumann Archiv (maybe some photos of combat around Warsaw in August 1944?).

Comment

Glad to hear you are enjoying your copy of the book.

Yes I have at least four more books which will be published in the coming years featuring photos exclusively by Ernst Baumann. He was with the Germania Regiment from Oct. 1942 until Aug. 1944.

The books I have in the works now are,

Wiking in the Caucasus Oct. 42 to Jan. 43

Battle for Kovel Mar. - Apr. 1944

Wiking in the East Aug. 1944

There may be one more book which will show the day in the life of a WSS soldier serving in Germania, but that's not 100% for sure. Baumann took some excellent photos when Germania was resting and rebuilding in 1943.

Comment

If anyone is looking for a nice present to give to themselves, I can recommend the limited edition of Unternehmen Ilse. There were only 200 copies produced and as of this writing we have less then 70 copies left for sale. The limited edition is only available from RZM Imports. http://www.rzm.com/books/rzm/rzmbk018pp.cfm
                        Attached Files

Comment

Do you have distributor in EU? I would like to buy limited edition of the book, but do not want to wait until t will get through customs .... .

Comment

Unfortunately because of the high expense to produce the limited edition it's only avaiable direct from RZM.com from the USA. Only the regular edition is for sale within the EU. We have shipped a lot of copies all over the world and so far no-one has complained about having problems with customs office. What country do you live in?

Comment

Customs.

Here in the UK we get heavily taxed on all goods coming from the States.

Makes items too expensive for what they are.

Shame, but that's the way it is right now.

S.

Comment

Is there a customs charge on books coming into the UK, if so, I have been incredibly lucky as I have imported many books and never been charged.

Jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X