Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Himmler's Favourite. The Combat History of III (Germanic) SS Panzerkorps: Volume 1: F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trials may have been kangaroo, but Heydrich was not smart enough to survive until the zoo.

Comment

The trials may have been kangaroo, but Heydrich was not even smart enough to survive until the zoo.

Comment

Sorry for repeat.

Comment

Nobody answered my question.Will the book get published. Doesn't seem to be listed on helions's website any more.
          BTW I could not care less about the title of the book.I am only interested in the research on the III Germanic Panzerkorps.

Comment

Book lover: AFAIK it will be published eventually. It's authors are employed full-time in "normal work", so they can't dedicate that much time to the book per day.

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
              Book lover: AFAIK it will be published eventually. It's authors are employed full-time in "normal work", so they can't dedicate that much time to the book per day.

Not really the way 'writing a book' works and especially if contracted under a publisher which they very much are with Helion & Company if you read their author agreement.

Helion & Company only publish their works twice a year, 6 month blocks from January-June and July-December.

The first volume was slated to start publishing 15 June 2019 with first deliveries expected in June.

On Helion's site it now says - publishing date unknown although I am sure Helion's commissioning editor is nudging them hard to keep their agreed to publish date. Otherwise it will be after July.

Comment

Looks like the book is published.Anybody get a copy?is it worth buying a copy??

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
                  Heydrich, who could not have built so complex and effective a security and intelligence apparatus as the RSHA
                  "effective" is not the word i will use with the obvious plain failure of the SD Ausland (and the Abwehr) during the whole conflict and the number of assassination attempts against Hitler, most of which came as total surprises...

I'm posting the cover of the book which was published on July 12, 2019, courtesy of Helion.

See You

Vince
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by book lover View Post
                    Looks like the book is published.Anybody get a copy?is it worth buying a copy??
                    This book is not for the FAN BOY it's a book about the real Waffen-SS and what they stood for, not the usual glamorised hero worshipping photo book it's a must have for the serious historian.Dr Jens Westemeier 's introduction make's for very interesting reading alone as does the introduction.
                    So yes it's worth buying

Comment

Kjellander, MÃ¥nsson & Westberg trio promises a lot, but I cannot fathom why the publisher chose that idiot Westemeyer to have anything to do with the book.

Comment

Just got the book & it's packed with some very interesting & mostly unseen (by me) photo's.
                        Once you get past Westemeiers's pompous & nonsensical foreword, it's a good read & well recommended!

Comment

Just got the book as well. Preview:

It's an essential complement to Tiecke's rather dry book "Tragedy of the Faithful" as it in-cooperates political/unit analysis and many veterans accounts & inside information that the former operational history lacks. It makes me want to get the other books by the authors.

The photo gallery/maps are well selected and interesting and w/ good captions.

On the downside it is rather short. Text is 266 pages long and approx half of the space is taken up by photos and maps.

Comment

I also bought a copy.Highly recommended!

Comment

I see that the selling price has been significantly reduced to euro 38 at Amazon in the UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Himmlers-Fa...IYa3XjBR5WKIcs

Comment

Thanks for the tip, John!

Best regards,
                                ~ Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X