The Iron Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Iron Time

Is this title worth purchaseing, and where can I find a copy?

thanks

Dan

Dan,

A superb book! The historical treatment of the Iron Cross, photos, diagrams - all first rate! Check this website as they have full-color shots from the book.
    Marc

http://www.winidorepress.com/books/I.../synopsis.html

Comment

The Iron Time

Hello,
      In my opinion a beautiful book and a must have. I feel that if you could only own two books on the Iron Cross, the Iron Time and the Iron Cross 1939 by Gordon Williamson are it.
      Regards,
      Jody

Comment

The Iron Time is THE book on the Iron Cross, IMHO. The photos alone are something to behold.

I'd also recommend Vern Bowen's 'The Iron Cross - A History', which has poorer illustrations but a treasure trove of information on measurements, manufacturing processes etc.

Comment

I Agree with all written above. Robin is right, it IS a treasure trove of images and the content is great too. I would defentiely add it to my "Gonna have to buy" list if I were you!

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
          The Iron Time is THE book on the Iron Cross, IMHO. The photos alone are something to behold.

I'd also recommend Vern Bowen's 'The Iron Cross - A History', which has poorer illustrations but a treasure trove of information on measurements, manufacturing processes etc.

Comment

Yes. It is worth buying.
            Antti

Comment

Get it now!

Don't wait too long to purchase The Iron Time. I tried to buy one on the Winidore Press website at the beginning of the week and it stated that they were sold out. I finally found one on Amazon.com.

Comment

Definitely a must buy!

Comment

Thanks guys

Thanks, I guess i must have it.

But do you know where I can get a copy?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Plomish
                    Thanks, I guess i must have it.

But do you know where I can get a copy?

Dan
                    try here (probably the best price)

Ww2volcont@aol.com

www.ww2bks.com
                    TRY VOLUME CONTROL
                    FOR YOUR W W 2 BOOK WANTS

Comment

Absolute Must .. it is breath taking. Color pictures galore. Tremendous selection of EKs and Cases / Award Documents.

I agree ... Iron Time and Iron Cross of 1939 are MUST HAVEs for anyone even remotely interested in collecting EKs.

Comment

Yes, buy one NOW...first editions of this book will eventually command a lot of money and be very hard to find. I second the comments about Bowen's book..

Comment

I cannot get onto Winidore's site...have you another link?

Also check this price on Amazon....that's nearly USD400
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...600594-7502804

Comment

Originally posted by TerryG
                            I cannot get onto Winidore's site...have you another link?

Also check this price on Amazon....that's nearly USD400
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...600594-7502804
                            Terry,

Looks like the site is down. My link doesnt go there now either

Comment

What would an original copy of the Bowen book bring? have been considering selling mine.

It has the color photo of the RĂ¼del awards, so I assume it is what is refered to as an "Original" copy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X