Dunkirk - Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunkirk - Film

Just booked 4x tickets to see Dunkirk on the opening day. Is anyone else excited about going to see it? Any rumours? I wonder what our American cousins' thoughts are, and whether they will turn out? It seems that the film was very nearly not made, according to Christopher Nolan - Director, due to the fact the Hollywood producers were worried about the viability of an all British big budget war film.
    Attached Files

I can say only ... very ex.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm stoked....Release date not supposed to be until July 21st, but we have an I-max theatre nearby and want to see it there......Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
        I'm stoked....Release date not supposed to be until July 21st, but we have an I-max theatre nearby and want to see it there......Bodes
        I don't think you'll be dissapointed. There's no IMAX or 70mm capable cinema near me but from the leaks already it's supposed to be incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom M View Post
          It seems that the film was very nearly not made, according to Christopher Nolan - Director, due to the fact the Hollywood producers were worried about the viability of an all British big budget war film.
          You mean they were worried about a film in which the US weren't portrayed as saving the world single-handedly and making Hollywood loads of money in the process.

Having read many reviews on what looked like promising films over the years on this site I sincerely hope that:

1. Brad Pitt isn't in it.
          2. There is no 'love interest'.

When is it out in UK?

Comment

I'm trying to be diplomatic in the way I worded that 😂. I don't decry the American contribution to the war at all however, Hollywood have overegged it somewhat and a new big budget perspective is long overdue! I really hope it'll be a success and will encourage more of the same. It's out on the 21st July.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom M View Post
              I'm trying to be diplomatic in the way I worded that 😂. I don't decry the American contribution to the war at all however, Hollywood have overegged it somewhat and a new big budget perspective is long overdue! I really hope it'll be a success and will encourage more of the same. It's out on the 21st July.
              Neither do I, I was at the 100th Bomb Group Museum and memorial only last month and often drive past the huge US cemetery near Cambridge. My beef is with Hollywood and the people who run it, because many people see films and take it as gospel.

Comment

There is a limited 70mm showing here too. Going by Christopher Nolan's previous work this might be worth making the extra effort to see it in 70mm. I am avoiding all the reviews and trailers but a bit curious about how they will explain the German pause.

Comment

"You mean they were worried about a film in which the US weren't portrayed as saving the world single-handedly and making Hollywood loads of money in the process."

How about a good movie about Tobruk or Alamein?

Comment

I'll be going for sure, trailer looks real good.

Comment

I will definitely be going. Just spending a few days on holiday up the coast around Oostende. Seeing the trailers here really rekindled the urge to see the film. With Kenneth Branagh, Mark Rylance, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy directed by Chris Nolan, it has every opportunity to be superb!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
                        You mean they were worried about a film in which the US weren't portrayed as saving the world single-handedly and making Hollywood loads of money in the process.

Having read many reviews on what looked like promising films over the years on this site I sincerely hope that:

When is it out in UK?

Amen to that (and this is coming from an American)
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post

When is it out in UK?
                          Another American who couldn't agree with you more.

Tom

Comment

Yeah excited to see it,been waiting since last year when I heard it was coming !

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                              Another American who couldn't agree with you more.

Tom
                              Make that 3!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X