Britain at War magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain at War magazine

Any comments on this? Just ran into it on Key Publishing's site.

'Bought my first copy earlier in the week.....'quite enjoyed it. But it must be hard trying to be all things to all people. What did you think?

Comment

I don't know, I have not seen any copy yet. However, some samples of the authors' names like Eric Grove, Chris Goss and Andy Saunders are very promising.

Comment

It is a decent enough magazine but as mentioned it is hard to be all things to all people and being a magazine they can only skim the surface of the subjects. But the topics are very varied and cover all sorts of areas. In the last two issues there have been articles on the Argentine pilots attacking the British task force in the Falklands in 1982, stories of soldiers who had signed a nurse's autograph book in WW-1, Robert Watson Watt, RAF Chipmunk aircraft flying over Cyprus, Admiral Bertram Ramsey, an attack on a strongpoint on D-Day, the making of the forthcoming Dunkirk film and so on. It only deals with the 20th & 21st Century conflicts so if you are looking for Napoleonic era articles then this isn't the magazine to get.

Comment

I have brought a few copies and I find it a very good read. Interesting, varied articles that are well written and decent photographs to boot. The most interesting thing about this magazine is, you never know what is coming next. Recommended.
          Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X