The Exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Exception

Big fan of Christopher Plummer . . . and as the Kaiser . . . maybe this will one will be OK? [at least for entertainment]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Not2AfF6lFM
    Attached Files

First that I've heard of this film; looks promising, and I am also a Plummer fan.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I just saw it. The best part about it is Christopher Plummer as the Kaiser, and Ben Daniels as the Kaiser's loyal aide de camp, Sigurd von Ilsemann.

It is a based on a novel, "The Kaiser's Last Kiss", however, the plot is changed in that the protagonist is a WH captain instead of an SS officer.
      Also, Jai Courtney is horribly miscast as the captain--not only because of his acting, but his body as well (he would have been the most muscle-bound soldier in the Wehrmacht).

The female lead plays a Jew who is spying for the Brits (who, of course, the Officer falls in love with). She does a good job, as does the woman who plays the Kaiser's wife.

The imperial uniforms are better than the TR ones. Jai Courtney's looks like it was pulled off the rack from one of the reenactor costume houses.
      Himmler wears (of course) the black uniform, even though it is 1940.

I have to say Black Book was much better, but this is still an entertaining film (and one that the wife/significant other would enjoy).
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Great movie for a Saturday afternoon with the Wife!

I found the film very entertaining . . . and thought Plummer did a great job. He is an excellent actor, and I have always enjoyed his films. Really loved his portrayal of Eddie Chapman.

Comment

A fine and engrossing film! Christopher Plummer deserves at very least a nomination for an Academy Award for his portrayal of the last kaiser in the last few months of his life. The portrayal of Kaiserin Hermine provided a most interesting character development, as others in the fine cast did, and while some of the costume choices were less than perfect, and unfortunately Haus Doorn was apparently not available to host the filming -- at least of the exterior scenes -- this was altogether a most interesting experience of a historical period long relegated to the shadows of time.

I'd watch it again! Hope you will, too!

Br. James

Comment

Good movie!

Comment

This e-stand photo makes me think I spoke too soon:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X