Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss-gb

Hi Guys,

Just saw the first episode - looks very promising. Police detective story set in recently German occupied Britain 1941. A few minor issues so far: one of the ranking SS police/SD/SS guys got equipped with a KC and it sits rather badly on his throat. Please, please, please TV and Movie makers stop with overdecorating Germans. In another scene an Oberleutnant was addressed as a NCO. Nevertheless the story is intriguing. Go and watch it for yourselves.

Cheers, W

Hi

that RK really bugged me too - it was as if they had pinned an EK1 to his throat...really distracting, but as you say, it looks promising. Though they should have chosen a lead who can speak more clearly...

regards

macleod

Comment

Originally posted by macleod View Post
      Hi

that RK really bugged me too - it was as if they had pinned an EK1 to his throat...really distracting, but as you say, it looks promising. Though they should have chosen a lead who can speak more clearly...

regards

macleod
      I agree at times I couldn't understand what he was saying too...this seems to be a recent problem with some BBC dramas

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
        at times I couldn't understand what he was saying too
        I don't know why this is so. I read this 'complaint' also on IMDB. I however have no problems at all understanding what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
          I don't know why this is so. I read this 'complaint' also on IMDB. I however have no problems at all understanding what he says.
          Different ears

Comment

Just watched it, really enjoyed it..! I'd rather my licence fee was used for this kind of drama

Also two little collectors in the making asking for SD badges

Comment

Having fun playing spot the uniform mistakes or simply reading all the uniforms.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                Having fun playing spot the uniform mistakes or simply reading all the uniforms.
                It is not historically accurate either.

Comment

Isn't it? Damn i was sure we lost the BoB ;-)
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I thought i was the only one who thought it was rubbish.But it seems 2.3 million viewers agreed.Thats the audience figures drop between episode 1 and 2....

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer-G-man View Post
                      I thought i was the only one who thought it was rubbish.But it seems 2.3 million viewers agreed.Thats the audience figures drop between episode 1 and 2....
                      I wouldn't say it was rubbish, more mediocre. Give me Secret Army instead any night of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenbate View Post
                        I wouldn't say it was rubbish, more mediocre. Give me Secret Army instead any night of the week.
                        I agree - extremely tedious. It is virtually all filmed in small, dark rooms with no action - where are the resistance ffs? Secret Army was miles better than this and that's 1970s!!

Comment

I was so bored with episode 1, I'm not bothering with any more

Nick

Comment

I thought it was ok, come on its not that bad !! what else is there to watch on a Sunday night, Call the Midwife !!!

I thought the opening scene when his secretary ( who later turns out to be part of the resistance ) gets out of bed, flashes her pert breasts and then wrap's herself in a party flag, I thought that was spot on !

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
                              I thought it was ok, come on its not that bad !! what else is there to watch on a Sunday night, Call the Midwife !!!

I thought the opening scene when his secretary ( who later turns out to be part of the resistance ) gets out of bed, flashes her pert breasts and then wrap's herself in a party flag, I thought that was spot on !
                              'Pert' I love that word! Yes that was a highlight (or two) for sure but I could watch 'Ilsa - She wolf of the SS' for that!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X