Mark C. Yerger- Army book cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark C. Yerger- Army book cover

Below is cover for the completed/designed Army book aside from adding my sibling's middle initial. My lack of required focus, interest, and being dumb as dirt; she's handled the contracts, taxes, and other paperwork mess along with holding my copyrights since the 1990s. Having trust with family like everyone does, am also fortunate her husband's company deals with the constant changing paperwork mess for individuals or companies with patents, copyrights, income, taxes etc. My mini brain only having space to fit research, the cats, and music, Leslie determined it is best the book releases after January 1, 2017, having three books primarily in the same year being a problem. So it will be an early year Helion release; a chance for me to show off my sister's brain. Obviously she has more artistic skills than seen in my typical "one dimensional nerdy" covers !! Not sure why book description deleted so will post that when closer to release. 262 pages with over 300 photos although it is not a superficial or mindless photo book. Volume of text data the same as my norm, just used a new design idea.
    Attached Files

Excellent news to hear Mark.

I have been very fortunate to receive a sneak preview of this gem. It is in one word: GREAT (as are in fact all of Mark's books). The detail of important and relevant information of each selected general in this study is second to none. Furthermore the photographic material collected by Mark for this book is very good as is the sharp quality of each photo. Hopefully the publishing house (printer) will reproduce the photos in the book with the same quality.

Thanks again Mark and I can't wait to have the published product in my hands.

Comment

Odd that there is an image of a fairly common EK II on the cover

Comment

Very impressive cover artwork

Comment

Originally posted by Ruimteaapje View Post
          Very impressive cover artwork
          Thank you for your kind comment. Obviously the relevance of any book cover is understood when someone actually reads the volume. My middle initial needs to be added and Mark request the dark red bar be added to the bottom as well. But we like it.

Whatever opinion someone has with any dust-jacket, people obviously buy and read any volume for its content. They aren't paying $40-$60 simply to own a dust-jacket. Individual taste varies, so what other people do with the books they write reflects their personal taste or book content. In this case there is a diversity of content topics aside from individuals.

Sincerely,
          Leslie
          (my brother having a couple bad health days)

Comment

Nice work Leslie- it's true what they say, behind every great man is a great woman

Looking forward with anticipation to the release date.

Comment

There were not too many German generals earning the Iron Cross 2. Class of 1939, most got it during the Great War. But to have a WW1 EK2 on the cover would also be misleading.
              Wouldn't you think that a Knights Cross (or even higer) would not be more appropriate for the topic?

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Perhaps the EK2 is related more towards their Command Authorities, rather than what they themselves earned in WWII.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this book.

Comment

Looking forward to receiving this book,the covers have come along way since Hausser and Knights of Steel !!

Comment

I do not understand why authors keep posting images of book covers. Most people are aware of the saying that goes, "Don't Judge a Book by its Cover". Volume 1 of "Knights of Steel" published back in 1989 had a simple cover, but very good content for its time.

Comment

Originally posted by John P. Moore View Post
                      I do not understand why authors keep posting images of book covers. Most people are aware of the saying that goes, "Don't Judge a Book by its Cover". Volume 1 of "Knights of Steel" published back in 1989 had a simple cover, but very good content for its time.
                      Perhaps it is only those who have had a 'book cover' that would understand .... in Mr Yerger's case, he has indeed had more than his fair share and so this liberty is well earned.

Comment

Excellently put, research buff!
                        Agreement on all points.

~ Mike

Comment

One should always do their due diligence and learn as much as they can about a book before making a purchase- that's common sense, and only a fool buys a book solely for the cover. But in a market glutted with millions of books, and many thousands of them on our chosen topic, it is important to have a cover that catches and pleases the eye. Reputation alone doesn't cut it anymore, if it ever did. Mark Yerger's covers are always striking, and bear unique photos that hint at the diverse and in-depth information within the book. I think a lot of German publishers shoot themselves and their authors in the foot with unillustrated covers, looking- to anyone unfamiliar with, for example, the Biblio-Verlag logo on the spine- like medical textbooks, law books, or dictionaries. To say nothing of the fact that they're unaffordable (often $100+ as well as shipping). It's just swell to produce a massive, heavily-researched tome, but if it's not getting any distribution- if people aren't seeing or buying or reading it- then it's an exercise in futility (especially given the very narrow readership field for laser-focused works on the units and men of the Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS). Everything that can be done to market and expose an author's work should be done, and that includes an aesthetically pleasing cover that stands out from the crowd.

~ Mike

Comment

New Book by Mark Yerger

Wow - anything that's got Werner Kempf on the cover has got my vote! Seriously, a book like this is long overdue, whether it has a dust jacket illustration or not. While Keilig's Dienstalterliste in Das Deutsche Heer is interesting, it is a dated source and having someone go through the time-consuming labor of fleshing out these key leaders of the German Army, as well as adding photos to round out the picture, so to speak, is an immense service to researchers, writers, and historians alike. Can't wait to get a copy when it comes out!

Comment

Hi Mark,

Exciting news - thank you for this work! I would agree that a RK would seem more appropriate, however it is your book and that is your call. Either way, only a minor "issue."

Regards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X