Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A collector book *looking for*

Hello;
    OK, I have a gift certificate at Chapters/Indigo (CDN chain) and I need a title of a good book for badge/medal collecting. Not cloth or insignias etc. ONLY ONE TITLE.
    I have done a search and the list is endless with titles, so why not ask what everyone preferse eh..........
    Something that I can have on my desk when a nice badge comes up at an auction or on someones site, that I can do a reference check myself and start to learn instead of bothering ppl all the time on "what about this one" or "Your opinions please" etc etc. Must be in English! as my foreign language skills bite, OK OK I have no second language skills and that incl French too.
    Which one do the "experts" read.....or maybe they have written one that is at one of these chain stores??
    Thanks......
    Dan

Chapters is crap for militaria books, that chain tries to sanitize history and pretend that the Third Reich never existed. It's hard to find anything half way decent from them.

If you want a book specifically for combat badges I would suggest Steven Previtera's German Combat Badges of the Third Reich. You can get it here http://www.winidorepress.com/

Comment

I don't know about that I find some pretty good military hiostory books in the Chapters in Red Deer. In fact I am just about finished the book on the Medak Pocket written by Carol Off of the CBC, I must say it's pretty good especially since she is a commie from the "Mother Corp", it's not slanted towards the left at all. Wow who changed the edit button

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
        I don't know about that I find some pretty good military hiostory books in the Chapters in Red Deer. In fact I am just about finished the book on the Medak Pocket written by Carol Off of the CBC, I must say it's pretty good especially since she is a commie from the "Mother Corp", it's not slanted towards the left at all. Wow who changed the edit button
        Laurence,
        Red Deer got a book store...when did that happen? It must have happened shortly after they got indoor plumbing!

Dan,
        If you do decide on a title, the book stores will sometimes order them in for you. That way you can use the gift card. I'm sure you'll hear a few choices for books. Good luck.

Cheers,
        James

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES.M
          Laurence,
          Red Deer got a book store...when did that happen? It must have happened shortly after they got indoor plumbing!
          James
          Delinklinklinklinklinklink(Banjo playing) Yup us beerbellied sharecroping hillbillies done gone und git us a booook store. wut yew suposed to dew wit em!!!!!!

See yall in a week, I'm off to Rainbow Lake in the morning

Comment

Delinklinklinklinklinklink(Banjo playing) Yup us beerbellied sharecroping hillbillies done gone und git us a booook store. wut yew suposed to dew wit em!!!!!!

See yall in a week, I'm off to Rainbow Lake in the morning
            You'll be driving by me then. I'm up west of Fox Creek, off of Hwy 43. Have a fun drive!!

Cheers,
            James

Comment

Up the ANC haul road are you, I rolled my truck on Km154 last winter there!

Comment

Laurence,

Cheers,
                James
                Hey hey now ... be nice to Red Deer eh?

BTW ... FoxVegas isn't exactly the tourist attraction of North America either ...

Comment

I see you have been thhere too

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
                    Hey hey now ... be nice to Red Deer eh?

BTW ... FoxVegas isn't exactly the tourist attraction of North America either ...
                    I get to get out of here in two or three days. I'm off of the Bigstone Road, Laurence, only about 40km off the main Hwy. A couple of wells down the road and I'll be as far over to Grande Cache as you can get through the wonderful winter roads. Still, it's warmer than where you're going! Bundle up!

Cheers,
                    James

Comment

Yeah they are talking -30 for a daytime high, whose rig are you on. We are going to do Coal bed Methane wells up there, I hear lots of lost circulation.....oh joy

Comment

I see you have been thhere too
                        Many many many times ...

Comment

If you call it Fox Vegas........

Comment

I get to get out of here in two or three days. I'm off of the Bigstone Road, Laurence, only about 40km off the main Hwy. A couple of wells down the road and I'll be as far over to Grande Cache as you can get through the wonderful winter roads. Still, it's warmer than where you're going! Bundle up!

Cheers,
                            James
                            What do you do James? I work for a service company and we do quite a bit of work out there too.

Comment

Yeah they are talking -30 for a daytime high,
                              Can you imagine wearing your medals out there? You'd look like that frozen Major in the movie Stalingrad. he was wearing a RK that was all white from the frost and ice ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X