Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Rare Book Title Search

Hello;
    I am thinking that most of us here also read a lot of WWII books too.
    The title of the book is Fire! An artilleryman in Russian The word Fire could be spelt in French too. The title words are along these lines but could be off. I can't be 100% of authors name spelling so I won't even try.
    I have tried the search engines (previously requested) and no luck.
    Any help along these lines will be appreciated.....
    Thanks

Hi,

I think you are making reference to this book :
    "Condemned to Live: A Panzer Artilleryman's Five-Front War" by Franz A.P. Frisch and Wilbur D. Jones Jr.
    Publisher: White Mane Publishing Company (March 1, 2000)
    156 pages
    ISBN: 1572491795

Am I correct ?
    Hope this helps.

Ch.

Comment

I believe the book you are looking for is Feuer! An Artilleryman's Life on the Eastern Front by Werner Adamczyk published by Broadfoot Publishing Co., Wilmington, North Carolina, 1992. Broadfoot is known for publishing Civil War related books. This book was a departure from that venue and I don't believe that they've done any non-Civil War related titles since. You may try their website and see if they still have any backstock left. A quick search of ABE books found nothing.

Best Regards,

Dave

Comment

Dave,

Congrats!! I think you probably found the right one!! Let's Sniper confirm it.
        Cheers.

Ch.

Comment

**Bingo**

We have a winner!! This is the title I am searching for and have done some extra research into it. They printed an extremely low run of about 1000-1500 and that was it. There probably won't be another run either. I'm now in the run for a copy.
          Thanks everyone for reading and responding!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X