No announcement yet.

Ss panzerkorps in the battle for kharkov 01-03.1943

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just received this book in my hands today. After a quick flick through it seems pretty decent. Lots of pictures, maps and profiles of vehicles (which I love). Can't comment on the text yet as I have not read any of it.

The bits I could do without are the dubious artwork's and the computer images of vehicles (which would be great on there own!) with what I can only describe as superimposed crew members....these look ridiculous to be honest and I cannot for the life of me think why they have done it! Really stupid idea. If anyone wants to see an example to see what I mean I shall post a picture, presuming I can legally ect ect!

If anyone wants anymore specific info on the book just ask and I will do my best to answer.

Regards
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by VII-C/41 View Post
      I have just received this book in my hands today. After a quick flick through it seems pretty decent. Lots of pictures, maps and profiles of vehicles (which I love). Can't comment on the text yet as I have not read any of it.

The bits I could do without are the dubious artwork's and the computer images of vehicles (which would be great on there own!) with what I can only describe as superimposed crew members....these look ridiculous to be honest and I cannot for the life of me think why they have done it! Really stupid idea. If anyone wants to see an example to see what I mean I shall post a picture, presuming I can legally ect ect!

If anyone wants anymore specific info on the book just ask and I will do my best to answer.

Regards
      Rob
      Rob I totally agree with you. It's a shame the publisher feels the need to do this because all it really does is just cheapens the seriousness of the subject. I can understand the desire to try and livening up the illustration by adding crew members. But does the tanker have to be sporting 70's style tinted sunglasses? It just doesn't belong in the picture. Otherwise the book overall is pretty decent with lots of new and interesting photos and maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
        Rob I totally agree with you. It's a shame the publisher feels the need to do this because all it really does is just cheapens the seriousness of the subject. I can understand the desire to try and livening up the illustration by adding crew members. But does the tanker have to be sporting 70's style tinted sunglasses? It just doesn't belong in the picture. Otherwise the book overall is pretty decent with lots of new and interesting photos and maps.
        Yeap and the fact that one half of the page is in English and the other German, which pads out the 560 pages

Having said that that the book is well worth getting, maps in colour such as the large fold out 3d and standard map of kharkov with aerial shots, and as Remy mentioned new photos as well

I personally like the colour/3d and blueprint style drawings of the various AFVs and equipment as well - I do not regret getting the book even with its hefty price tag

To the pureist not alot of info that is not already known, but a good book never the less

Some good Tiger pictures and photos Mark !!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X