No announcement yet.

Insignia and Artifacts of the Waffen-SS by Beaver, Bando and Shea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very much looking forward to reading this book and will order it next month. ( I just ordered a total of 6 other titles on the way over here...)

IMO one can NEVER overpay a book. Impossible. Money always well spent.

USD 128.00 is nothing compared on what we usually spend on our items and for many it can safe a lot of cash they'd loose on fakes otherwise.

Having walked the stoney path of writing a book myself I can only express my respect to the authors of having put so much passion, love, sweat, money and above all TIME into such a project. The free time "burned up" by writing a book is mind blowing and can not be compensated by money (at least not in our low edition books). For me only gratitude and appreciation by the readers (and veterans) made it worth my while.

Anyways, you can not collect without building a library of history and reference books. How can you collect and not really know the stories and historical details behind your items? (Chen's library is a great example - Where is my book anyway, Chen?

A big thank you to all authors for enabeling us to learn more and not stay ignorant.

Markus
    Last edited by markus; 10-12-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Markus's book in the famous W/SS personnel ( Sepp Dietrich, Paul Hausser..etc) section
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
        Markus's book in the famous W/SS personnel ( Sepp Dietrich, Paul Hausser..etc) section
        I'm relieved...

Comment

Truth be told, if i posted all my W-SS insignia pics there would be enough material for ten books and not to mention the size and quality of the pics in my collection, most books have small pics and very little explanation on the subject !
          I personally own over 1000 reference books about WW2 militaria, military history, tanks, planes , ships, uniforms, you name it i got it, will buy this book as well but i really doubt i will see or read something new but i am most sure it is a great book and it all ready has a place on my bookshelf
          Last edited by Obergruppen2; 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Special topic books cost, that is a fact and thats how it is. Pulp fiction sells for cents, but not limited edition high quality books. Im not defending the price, as I think some knows I really hate high prices.

But compare with Angolias SS cloth insignias that sells for around USD 100 in used condition. USD 128 now seems very fair.

I am for sure going to buy this book just for the pleasure

Santa Claus, I have a wish.... (yes I have been nice, at least sometimes during the past year)

Cheers
            //Felix

Comment

Chen,

If this is just your war books ........

I would love to see the size of your dirty book section.

Kammo-man.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                Chen,

If this is just your war books ........

I would love to see the size of your dirty book section.

Kammo-man.
                No wonder the car is always in front of the garage cause its all filled up with them dirty books

Comment

Got my copy today, love it!
                  DaveJ

Comment

re:"i really doubt i will see or read something new"

There are a lot of historical stories from US veterans as well as many facts in this book that are not to be found elsewhere. I can guarantee you that you will see plenty of 'new' information in this book, which is precisely what makes it different from the usual militaria references on whatever subject-(insignia, headgear, medals, badges, uniforms), you name it.
                    A few authors in the past have attempted books with relics attributed to vets. Their efforts have fallen far short of what is presented in this book.
                    Could it have been done even better? Probably, but the days of getting artifacts with vet stories from the veterans are almost gone now. I've been chasing those stories for four decades.
                    If there is another collector reference like this, show me.
                    While you're at it, name the author with a combined knowledge of history and collecting who could've delivered a book of equal quality to this one.

It's very unfair for folks who haven't even held the book in their hands yet, to make disparaging remarks about this product, when they don't yet know what they're talking about.

ALL the comments from actual customers so far have expressed great satisfaction with this product. If any of you naysayers can produce a better book, why haven't you done it? Or what's stopping you from doing one in the future?
                    Talk is cheap, results speak for themselves.
                    A newer, bigger, and more comprehensive SS Insignia book could appear tomorrow, next week, next month or next year, but it will NOT have the stories connected to many items as this book has, even if it has more and larger images. Some people are more impressed by quantity than quality. This book is quality. If you don't believe it, don't buy it. It is YOUR loss and I could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by M Bando View Post
                      There are a lot of historical stories from US veterans as well as many facts in this book that are not to be found elsewhere. I can guarantee you that you will see plenty of 'new' information in this book, which is precisely what makes it different from the usual militaria references on whatever subject-(insignia, headgear, medals, badges, uniforms), you name it.
                      A few authors in the past have attempted books with relics attributed to vets. Their efforts have fallen far short of what is presented in this book.
                      Could it have been done even better? Probably, but the days of getting artifacts with vet stories from the veterans are almost gone now. I've been chasing those stories for four decades.
                      If there is another collector reference like this, show me.
                      While you're at it, name the author with a combined knowledge of history and collecting who could've delivered a book of equal quality to this one.

It's very unfair for folks who haven't even held the book in their hands yet, to make disparaging remarks about this product, when they don't yet know what they're talking about.

ALL the comments from actual customers so far have expressed great satisfaction with this product. If any of you naysayers can produce a better book, why haven't you done it? Or what's stopping you from doing one in the future?
                      Talk is cheap, results speak for themselves.
                      A newer, bigger, and more comprehensive SS Insignia book could appear tomorrow, next week, next month or next year, but it will NOT have the stories connected to many items as this book has, even if it has more and larger images. Some people are more impressed by quantity than quality. This book is quality. If you don't believe it, don't buy it. It is YOUR loss and I could care less.
                      Relax will ya, got the book ordered, spare your words please

Comment

My example is on it's way to the Netherlands now, can't wait to have it here!

Comment

Wondering what is so cool about the US vets stories?
                          Last edited by A c h t u n g !; 10-13-2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A c h t u n g ! View Post
                            Wondering what is so cool about the US vets stories?
                            I find ALL vet stories interesting ... also glad to see you self-moderated your comment.

Let's see and read the book BEFORE we start jumping to the wrong conclusions. Hopefully that way Mark won't feel the need to be so defensive.

Comment

Wow Mark, you outdid yourself. This book is fantastic!! I can't put it down.

Comment

Originally posted by pierce View Post
                                Wow Mark, you outdid yourself. This book is fantastic!! I can't put it down.
                                He certainly did! I was reading it last night again. Like his 101st Airborne books, the veteran accounts are invaluable, IMO. Whether they be about the history on how the insignia was obtained (I love cut insignia!) , or the honest objective realities of what happened in the field during the Second World War.
                                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X