Fake Book on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Book on Ebay

This guy is getting original WW2 hymnals and putting names of ships on them and has claimed that they are original. He went too far with this one. The name he put on the WW2 hymnal is the ship "Ronald Reagan". He ruined a perfectly good hymnal. (not by Reagan's name of course).
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...261628332&rd=1

Under his other auctions he has many of the same listed. They are all in the exact same condition with the same lettering for all the different ship names. Very shady.

Jason

Comment

yea..but they are only $12.00 plus shipping..

Comment

Graft!

First thing I thought of was the scam Ryan O'neal was doing with fake personalised Bibles in that movie "Papermoon".

Except this guy isnt getting greiving widows, he is scamming collectors.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Schroeder
          First thing I thought of was the scam Ryan O'neal was doing with fake personalised Bibles in that movie "Papermoon".

Except this guy isnt getting greiving widows, he is scamming collectors.
          God will get him.
          Steve

Comment

Check the photo

Dig the box in the background of the photo, you can make out another book. He must have scores of these things.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley's Dad
              Dig the box in the background of the photo, you can make out another book. He must have scores of these things.

Mike
              WOW

You're right!

Comment

I became suspcious when one of them was offered with the designation:

Starship Enterprise
                NCC-1701

Live long and prosper.........

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 09-02-2004, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I wrote him to ask where he got the books from. Here is his reply-

"Hello, Thanks for the inquiry. I purchased the books at a Department of Defense auction. I notice that you used the USS North Carolina to forward your question. I was on the USS North Carolina BB-55 during WW2. CR Division. I donated several thousand of the books to the NC to be sold in their gift shop with the proceeds directed to the maintenance fund. Thanks, John in WV"

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X