sanitized books on war are only comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sanitized books on war are only comics

I seen a pictorial book on war that put 2 fingers up to the pc brigade .Its author resented the fact that most pictorial books on war are sanitized.One picture showed a french soldier literally blown in two,one half was about two feet away from the other half. Its my belief that if we are shown the reality of war that there might be more effort into avoiding them ,and making sure war criminals are dealt with properly.There is the reportage of wars ,and then there is the reality of what actually took place, two different things.The words propaganda, sanatization.bs come to mind.i would be intersted in your thoughts on this.James/Ireland
    Last edited by jamesmccann; 06-26-2004, 04:52 AM.

Originally posted by jamesmccann
    I seen a pictorial book on war that put 2 fingers up to the pc brigade .Its author resented the fact that most pictorial books on war are sanitized.One picture showed a french soldier literally blown in two,one half was about two feet away from the other half. Its my belief that if we are shown the reality of war that there might be more effort into avoiding them ,and making sure war criminals are dealt with properly.There is the reportage of wars ,and then there is the reality of what actually took place, two different things.The words propaganda, sanatization.bs come to mind.i would be intersted in your thoughts on this.James/Ireland
    Books and the like with photos of people blown in two aren't at all exempt from being propaganda. It all depends on which people blown in two you're showing to the audience, and what you tell them along with the images. (i.e. "...these are the atrocities committed by the enemies of our divinely-blessed cause...")

--Chris

Comment

book

has anybody got a book called covenants of death?its english and about 30 years old

Comment

Originally posted by upbeek
        has anybody got a book called covenants of death?its english and about 30 years old
        Sounds like the name of a metal band...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X