Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Good Book

Hello,
    Can anybody tell me what the best reference book to get on third reich medals & insignia, must have lots of pictures and lots to read,and where it can be bought.
    Thanks.
    lee

Hi i am afriad this question is very difulcult to answer for all collectors have thier prefered autor/ writers if you have a fellow collector nearby ask if you can view his libary or ask his advise! if not check out some one like land mak book (they have a website) but it all boils down to exactly what you are collecting! and more than one opinion can sometimes be advantageous threr again sometimes conflicting !!

Comment

Hi Hawksey,

For your benefit and, that of any others who might be interested, I'll try to give you some insight that is about the only thing universally agreed upon, here in our Forum.

Here goes:

There really isn't one reference book out yet that would fulfill your requirements but, on the other hand, a good collection of 5 to 20 books etc., should put you in pretty good stead for your collecting needs.

Some of these books are viewed by a few as little better than supports for wobbly tables, if you get my drift, but that would be for you to decide.

I am not presently near my books, as a matter of fact they are all packed up awaiting unpacking, so I will mention a few and perhaps some of the other good members hereabouts can add to my list.

Here are some titles:
      • The Iron Time - Steven Previtera ( www.
        winidorepress.com )
      • The Iron Cross 1813 - 1957 - Gordon
        Williamson( who together with Jamie Cross
        puts out some wonderfully recommended
        CD's and who are both in the UK )
      • For Fuhrer and Fatherland - John Angolia

The last of the above mentioned titles is out of print, but the other titles are readily available.

Good hunting, and remember that good references, combined with hands on experience and paying attention here at the Forum, will go a long way in furthering your interest in Third Reich collectibles.

Here is a belated entry from C Magnifico over in the Members Only Forum:

Just to let everyone know that Forman's Guide to Third Reich German Awards...and their values, 3rd Edition will be available for release on October 15th, 2001.

304 pages, 1,100 photos.
      ISBN:No. 912138-84-X

From: R.James Bender Publishing, PO Box 23456, San Jose, CA--Ph. (408)225-5777.
      Fax (408) 225-4739 http://www.bender-publishing.com

--------------------

Bruce

[ 14 October 2001: Message edited by: ssimcox ]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X