Saving Private Ryan quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom hansen
    IT IS THE SAME GUY. He was picked up by a SS unit and given a different uniform. I have seen the movie dozens of times. IT IS THE SAME GUY.
    They look alike, but are not the same person. Here's a shot of the SS soldier at the bottom of the stairs:
    Attached Files

Comment

A few seconds later, here's the shot of the former prisoner as he is shooting at Tom Hanks:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD
        A few seconds later, here's the shot of the former prisoner as he is shooting at Tom Hanks:
        Woops- my goof. I thought you were talking about the guy that shoots Captain Miller and the guy they released. Those are the same guy. I have watched that movie dozens of times and thought the guy with the knife WAS that guy also. Thanks for the correction. I was wrong.

Comment

Yeah, it is easy to mistake the two...in any case that is a cold statement by the SS trooper, but he was the only one in that room who probably knew what he was saying anyhow.

ZaCK

Comment

Originally posted by panzerzacker
            Yeah, it is easy to mistake the two...in any case that is a cold statement by the SS trooper, but he was the only one in that room who probably knew what he was saying anyhow.

ZaCK
            As far as i remember, the german says something like: "Go to sleep. Its over soon"

best,
            Gerd

Comment

I've heard that it translates as "Is that your rucksack im feeling, or are you just glad to see me?"

Comment

Wasn't it something like: "There will be only one left!"... or that was another movie...
                The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

They just both happen to look like the stereotype "ugly German", that´s all. And ridiculously OLD at that. Talk about realism.
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Yep, I noticed this, how old most of the Germans were, an ageing nation! Also, probably due to the age /worse eyes, less hearing / they were coming infront of the GI's guns like cattle
                    The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank H
                      They just both happen to look like the stereotype "ugly German", that´s all. And ridiculously OLD at that. Talk about realism.
                      They are the "bad boys", Frank. They HAVE to be ugly

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd Becker
                        They are the "bad boys", Frank. They HAVE to be ugly
                        Why do they both have shaved heads? Thats not the Industry norm for German soldiers..

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier
                          Why do they both have shaved heads? Thats not the Industry norm for German soldiers..
                          Perhaps the progenitors of the skinhead movement?

Comment

Either than the first half hour, I actually dont like this movie at all. I dont understand what all the fuss about it is. They have all these stereotype scenes that are in the guide 'how to make a 100% pure hollywood movie'. The fighting at the end isnt realistic at all in my opinion; and they had to have the "create your own weapons" scene. How many times do you think sticky bombs were used in real life?
                            JL

Comment

Having never been in combat, it is hard for me to know what is real and what is not. I just like the entertainment value. Are there any films out there that are "realistic" from the standpoint of anyone in combat? I have talked to a few D Day vets who were on Omaha Beach and they said the scene of Saving Private Ryan on the Beach was pretty good, but lacked the artillery shells they took. They all said they remembered it as more chaotic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X