'The Pacific'...watched at last!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Pacific'...watched at last!!!

I know there has been hundreds of threads on this TV series but after all this time I finally sat down and watched the whole lot while my wife sunbathed in the garden!

What an outstanding piece of work!!

I have always been an ETO guy with only a glancing interest in the Pacific war but this has certainly stirred my interest in that theatre

My wife is tanned I am still pale but all the better for watching The Pacific!

Nick

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
    I know there has been hundreds of threads on this TV series but after all this time I finally sat down and watched the whole lot while my wife sunbathed in the garden!

What an outstanding piece of work!!

I have always been an ETO guy with only a glancing interest in the Pacific war but this has certainly stirred my interest in that theatre

My wife is tanned I am still pale but all the better for watching The Pacific!

Nick
    I really loved it too. It was so moving and powerful. I loved all the characters in it. Especially Sledge. I loved it a heck of a lot better than Band of Brothers which didn't do much for me. Sledgehammer, Leckie and Snafu, I love them all. May they rest in peace united with their brothers in Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Sathukles View Post
      I really loved it too. It was so moving and powerful. I loved all the characters in it. Especially Sledge. I loved it a heck of a lot better than Band of Brothers which didn't do much for me. Sledgehammer, Leckie and Snafu, I love them all. May they rest in peace united with their brothers in Heaven.
      I agree all characters were amazing, Leckie I thought was my favourite

Nick

Comment

When the series first came out on HBO a great many people hated it because they tried to draw a direct comparison to BoB.

Even I was disappointed with how short each part tended to be (average of 45 minutes).

Watching the series from start to end it was much better and I enjoyed it alot more the 2nd/3rd time around.

Comment

Some episodes better than others but I suppose that is the way with most series. I'll likely re-watch this on blu-ray!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X