Another new DVD - "Night of the Generals"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new DVD - "Night of the Generals"

This is another new release similar to last month's "Operation Daybreak". Lots of TR uniforms to look at, and great acting. Some nice on location shooting in Warsaw & Paris. The interesting plot mixes a mystery about a murdering Army general - a serial killer of women - with the Valkyrie/anti-Hitler events. It's all beautifully shot & a pleasure to watch.

"Night Of The Generals"

Hi,

I saw this film at the movies when it was first released, way back when.
    I went with my father, who took me to the cinema every week. Is It the film where Christopher Plummer of "The Sound Of Music" is the general in question?

Best regards,

John.

Comment

I never reveal the ending in a murder mystery.

Comment

I liked Peter O'Toole role as one of the Generals, a nice change from Lawrence of Arabia.
        Adrian.
        Last edited by sir dude; 04-28-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
          This is another new release similar to last month's "Operation Daybreak". Lots of TR uniforms to look at, and great acting. Some nice on location shooting in Warsaw & Paris. The interesting plot mixes a mystery about a murdering Army general - a serial killer of women - with the Valkyrie/anti-Hitler events. It's all beautifully shot & a pleasure to watch.
          some years ago i bought the wehrmacht generals breeches used by O'Toole in the film....very slim 30 inch waist.
          This was a huge sale of movie uniforms...also his 'coleagues' breeches worn by D. Pleasance...but didnt want those. they were just a few pounds to pay, the sellers had no interest in the former actor or the films used in.

Comment

Wow! did you get any tunics?
            Adrian.

Comment

yes. there were two. one made by bermans and nathans and another by a paris costume company.

Comment

Fascinating, I had no idea that they sold of there wardrobe after the movie was completed. The only thing Ive seen is an re enactor SS uniform from Privet Rayan.
                This is a very interesting collecting topic.
                Adrian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X